“Visit to a gangster bar”
Review of Ohio Club

Ohio Club
Ranked #3 of 301 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Arkansas' oldest bar. Step back in history and have a drink where the likes of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Al Jolson, Mae West and a host of others have. We have won People Choice awards for our Hamburgers and our Reubens have been reported to be the best they have ever had. We keep our menu simple but high quality. We have live music 7 nights a week with Blues on Wednesday nights, Jazz on Thursday night and classic rock on the weekends. The Ohio Club Players are our house band and have been a Hot Springs favorite. Non smoking and open at 11am every day until 2am.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We wanted to check out the Ohio Club because of the history it held. It didn't disappoint. The pictures and memorabilia were very entertaining and our bartender was very knowledgeable! It was very enjoyable!! I also had my picture taken with Al Capone!! Really nice bar!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We wanted to sit upstairs but one table occupied and the others were dirty. Headed to the bottom floor and found a booth. No person acknowledged our existence until I got up and picked up a menu off the bar. And the bartender said — someone will be with you in a moment...HA!,,, No excuse as there were only four other customer in the entire place. When we finally received our food it was okay, nothing special.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I had heard good things about the burgers here so decided to find out for myself. Pretty crowded for a Wednesday. Ate upstairs listening to the Club band play some Blues music (which I love). I ordered teh Swiss mushroom burger. While there was plenty of mushrooms and Swiss cheese the burger flavor was just average. Maybe I should have asked for some mustard or mayo but I wanted to experience the flavor “naked”. Fries were really good.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Been wanting to stop for years & finally went for it. Best drinks in Hot Springs & the atmosphere was amazing. Wife couldn't get enough of the rum sours. Luckily our room was in walking distance. I tried 2 of the signature drinks. We didn't eat anything but just the history alone was amazing. We will be back loved having drinks at this amazing piece of history.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

In the past I would recommend the Ohio Club, but yesterday my granddaughter was visiting from Little Rock and we went there for lunch, it was terrible. Do they have a new chef or did they run out of food? It was definitely different from past visits. The food didn’t even look good on the plate. The tiny hamburger was on a tiny roll with chopped up something on it, fries were probably frozen, it was awful. I won’t be recommending it again.

Mike P, Owner at Ohio Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

I apologize if your visit was anything less than awesome. It sounds like you had our sliders which are small by nature. The fries do come to us frozen but are made to our specs. If you come back by, I'll be glad to make it up to you, just ask for me.