All reviews shower cap listening to the birds every morning located within walking distance bathhouse row breakfast was delicious wonderful stay historic district definitely stay here again judy antiques hosts tub parlor
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Of all the reviews I've written I am most conflicted about this one. On first blush I thought I would be giving the Gables a five. After a two night stay a three is the best I can offer. In fairness, the building is gorgeous, the rooms well appointed, and the location convenient to the National Park which is what we came to see.

We stayed in Lillian's Room which had a small frig, coffee maker, and balcony. The decor is busy but tasteful and loaded with period pieces. The bath was tight with a small older tub for your shower. So...facilities wise, you won't be disappointed.

BUT, and this is a big but, we go to B and B's for the friendly atmosphere and hospitality and I'd give that a one or two here. You must make an appointment to check in. You must make an appointment to get a tour. You can not contact the owners, David and July, after 7:00 pm. AND...breakfast is at 9:00 am and I mean only at 9:00 am.

When we came down early the first morning the doors to the dining room were closed and we had to stand and wait until Judy opened them. David had told us the living area was filled with antiques so we didn't dare sit anywhere.

When the door opened we were seated and offered a fine meal. No history, no personality. If that was all I came for it would be okay. However, we found the whole "we're family run and have been at this for 20 years so we come first" attitude demeaning. We chose not to go to breakfast the second day and left early just to be done with the attitude of these two retired Walmart supervisors. Maybe that's where they learned customer service.

Room Tip: Look on-line, they offer plenty of pictures- Lillian's Room was nice
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ted O
Reviewed 11 May 2015

How would you rate your Room?*:
How would you rate your free Breakfast? *:
Overall, how would you rate The Gables Inn? *:
What was your favorite thing about The Gables Inn?:
It was a beautiful place, very clean, very comfortable! Our host was incrediably nice.
Any additional comments:
I have not slept so good in a long time, very comfortable bed and pillows, hard to find in a hotel.
Your E-Mail :
misty@pimcomolding.com

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2015

David and Judy were wonderful hosts. They have thought of many small details to make the stay very comfortable. David cooked very good breakfasts! The house itself is very interesting and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2015 via mobile

This was our first b&b experience, so not sure how to rate it. I'm just going to outline what we liked and didn't like.
What we enjoyed; the bed was spectacular, very cozy and we liked having the fire place. the bathtub was a fun feature, although, not sure how I felt about the mirror above the bath... We very much appreciated having the mini frig and coffee pot and took full advantage of those amenities.

We also really liked how close we were to bathhouse row, made walking an easy choice.

We only had the pleasure of meeting the wife, Judy. She was meek, pleasant, and prompt, but not particularly engaging. The house is cluttered but maybe that's part in the b&b gig. I'm not a fan of stuffed animals as decor. The breakfast was mediocre. Thin bacon, blan eggs. We chose to eat out breakfast the next day.

It was definitely comfortable but I don't think we will go back. We just felt a bit awkward.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2015

By far my favorite thing about our two night stay in the Governor's room was the heart shaped whirlpool tub. Breakfast every morning was amazing. David was telling great stories over breakfast about the origin of the house and of some of the antiques in this house. They are super prompt and on time as well!

Room Tip: The Governor's room was very spacious
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple