US$175
US$149
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

US$159
US$119
Best Western Winners Circle(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$112
US$105
Baymont by Wyndham Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$119
All Seasons Lodge(Hot Springs)
US$80
Best Court(Hot Springs)
US$129
Hotels.com
Alpine Inn(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewssunshine roombed and breakfastcolorado grillperiod piecesshower capboth morningsvictorian houseevery morninglocated within walking distancedvd playerstayed two nightsother guestsbathhouse rowbreakfast was deliciousmini fridgewonderful stayhistoric district
Reviewed 21 November 2015

We stayed here 2 nights and got the room with the balcony. It was nice to have the balcony. The bed was comfortable. The claw foot tub was great. The soap they used was so wonderful I bought some to take home. The breakfast were ok, nothing homemade. Mini fridge in room. Nice period furniture. Too many things on the wall for my taste, but everybody has different taste. Felt safe and the place was well kept and clean. The owner was very nice. 2 couples were married there when we stayed which was neat. The Colorado Grill is walking distance , it was recommended by the owner and it was great Mexican food. Grounds were very nice. Beautiful armoire in the Great room but needs re covered. Lovely music played low all thru out the downstairs which was nice.

Stayed: August 2015
2  Thank elaine l
Reviewed 5 October 2015

We deliberately chose a B&B in Hot Springs to get away from the corporate hotels we'd been staying in on our road trip. Check in time has to be specified in advance (a challenge if travelling from a long distance so we opted for 4pm knowing that if we got to Hot Springs earlier we could find a bar for a drink first). On approach, the house is charming with the swing on the veranda and well tended garden. What I was not prepared for though was the vast amount of artefacts inside...they are everywhere...not a spare space on the walls or shelves. We stayed in the room with the very comfy kingsize bed. There's not much space in the bedroom or bathroom and in one corner opposite the bed there is a cabinet full of dolls...all those eyes watching you! Breakfast time at 9am is fixed. A variety of good breakfast food was served although we were the only people at a table large enough to sit more which felt a bit weird. Its quirkiness at its best if you like that sort of thing...for us, one night was enough.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hjb57
Reviewed 9 September 2015

My husband and I went here for an early anniversay stay. We have never stayed at a B&B before. The house is nice and has some historic documents and photos to look at. David greeted us and checked us in. He's a very nice man. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of staying here and it's proximity to Bath House row. You could walk there, but its downhill there and uphill back. We chose to park at the free parking garage just right down the road.
As David says, we're here to visit the area, not to see him. He stated they are "hands off" inn owners, and that is true. You get a key to the house and come and go as you please. You don't see anyone except at breakfast.
Breakfast was dissapointing. We went one of the 2 mornings we were there. I was hoping for some good from scratch food. ( i will state that I have very average food expectations and do not eat gourmet food but rarely) We had an apple fritter, which was excatly like the apple fritter doughnuts you get at your local walmart. It was heated up and had some caramel drizzel and whip cream. Our main course was basically an omlette cooked in a muffin tin. Eggs with some chopped up ham cubes, again that you buy at walmart, and some shredded cheese on top. OJ, coffee to drink. 1 piece of toast and 2 pieces of pre-cooked bacon. I can make a better breakfast at home and I am by no means a fabulous cook.
SO- don't go for the breakfast. I hate saying it because David was a nice guy, but it's just not what was expected since its a B and B. The second B of that equation should be a big deal.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Of all the reviews I've written I am most conflicted about this one. On first blush I thought I would be giving the Gables a five. After a two night stay a three is the best I can offer. In fairness, the building is gorgeous, the rooms well appointed, and the location convenient to the National Park which is what we came to see.

We stayed in Lillian's Room which had a small frig, coffee maker, and balcony. The decor is busy but tasteful and loaded with period pieces. The bath was tight with a small older tub for your shower. So...facilities wise, you won't be disappointed.

BUT, and this is a big but, we go to B and B's for the friendly atmosphere and hospitality and I'd give that a one or two here. You must make an appointment to check in. You must make an appointment to get a tour. You can not contact the owners, David and July, after 7:00 pm. AND...breakfast is at 9:00 am and I mean only at 9:00 am.

When we came down early the first morning the doors to the dining room were closed and we had to stand and wait until Judy opened them. David had told us the living area was filled with antiques so we didn't dare sit anywhere.

When the door opened we were seated and offered a fine meal. No history, no personality. If that was all I came for it would be okay. However, we found the whole "we're family run and have been at this for 20 years so we come first" attitude demeaning. We chose not to go to breakfast the second day and left early just to be done with the attitude of these two retired Walmart supervisors. Maybe that's where they learned customer service.

Room Tip: Look on-line, they offer plenty of pictures- Lillian's Room was nice
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ted O
Reviewed 11 May 2015

How would you rate your Room?*:
How would you rate your free Breakfast? *:
Overall, how would you rate The Gables Inn? *:
What was your favorite thing about The Gables Inn?:
It was a beautiful place, very clean, very comfortable! Our host was incrediably nice.
Any additional comments:
I have not slept so good in a long time, very comfortable bed and pillows, hard to find in a hotel.
Your E-Mail :