I have stayed a number of AmericInn properties around the Midwest and they vary from el cheepo to mid range. This one falls in between. I am guessing this was a property with a different brand name at one time and AmericInn changed it over some years back. That is a common move when a property starts to deteriorate and no longer meets the higher standards of a higher priced operator.
This is a multi-story property (5 floors) with a pool. There is ample parking and the property is located in an area with lots of fast food and some off-price shopping (Burlington Coat Factory and Ross Dress For Less) The reception area was clean and adjacent to the breakfast area which had plenty of seating and space. (Free breakfast included)
We were on the 3rd floor and the hallway carpet looked like it had been recently replaced. The room was a 2-bed queen. The room was small with not enough room for two people to pass between the end of the bed and the wardrobe and TV counter. The bathroom was also small with a corner sink and tub/shower. There was some extra shelving that helped make up for the lack of counter space.
The beds were comfortable but not luxurious. The linens were decent and there were 4 pillows on each bed. The carpeting looked okay. The desk and chair had a lamp with easy to access power for computer and phone charging. There was a small refrigerator and microwave, plus a coffee maker with several choices including hot chocolate.
Lighting was decent and there were a number of full length mirrors.
The economy feeling really kicked in when it came time to sleep. The HVAC system had a constant fan switch that did not keep the fan running which means the heat cycled off and on all night long and was fairly loud. Even worse, the refrigerator turned off and on all night and made a lot of noise. At time they ran together, but I doubt there was more than 5 minutes between loud noises all night. There was also the issue of an extremely bright LED on smoke detector. So bright that you could nearly read by the light which shown directly on the beds.
I paid a modest price for the room and it was priced correctly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, Wisconsin the ideal location for your next stay, whether you're traveling for business or pleasure. We are proud to provide the amenities you want most and deliver them at the highest level possible starting with comfortable, quieter guestrooms. Wake up each morning to our free, hot, home-style AmericInn Perk breakfast and enjoy appetizers, beer and wine each evening from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Stay connected with free, hotel-wide, high-speed internet. Guests also enjoy our inviting, indoor pool and hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Lodge & Suites Madison West Hotel Madison
- Americinn Lodge And Suites Madison West
- Americinn Hotel Madison
- Hampton Inn Madison