US$135
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

US$77
US$68
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$185
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

Best Western West Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$206
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

US$126
US$117
All reviewspool areakids eat freebunk bedsthe indoor water parklifeguard on dutyfamily suitemadison westattached restaurantexecutive levelwest sideon site restaurantthird floormini fridge and microwavelarge bathroomking roomfree drinksi highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a two night stay Thursday/Friday of Easter week. My mom and I took my kids (toddlers) for a little getaway to enjoy the pool and the zoo in Madison. I booked it on Hotwire and got this hotel for a steal of $59 per night. Glad we didn't pay more for this hotel.

We were due to arrive about 9 pm. I called ahead and asked to please reserve a crib for my 1 year old. No problem, they said, and assured me it would be in the room.

When we arrived we pulled up to the hotel and were immediately unimpressed by the amount of people smoking right in front of the front entry. It was terrible! The hotel needs to move its smoking area to another place. There was no way to avoid the smoke other than to walk right through it, literally saying excuse me to get by the smokers. Just gross.

No one was at the front desk when I approached. A few minutes later a very harried woman assisted me and got us checked in.

Upon arrival in the room, we were put in a handicap accessible room. Probably whatever was left for the Hotwire rate. Whatever. It was fine. Two queen beds, no chair or sitting area. Large bathroom. Fridge and microwave. AND NO CRIB.

Called the front desk and they said they'd send someone up. It took over an hour and 20 minutes to get the crib. Finally at almost 10:30 pm a house peeking person brought the crib in. Kids were so tired, it was already way past their bedtime.

The next day we went to the hotels waterpark. My kids are 1 and 3 and they loved it. The kiddie pool area especially is great for their age group. Warm water and lots of fun despite it being crazy crowded. But that's to be expected on spring break week. There were lifeguards as well. It was pretty clean and not too big.

We ate at the hotels restaurant for one dinner and one breakfast. Breakfast was a buffet and just a little more selection than you'd get at a similarly priced hotel for free. At least the kids were eating for free! We also had dinner there one night and it was surprisingly good! Their fresh baked bread was some of the best bread I've had in a long time! Our group had various pizzas and pastas, all good. Good place to take kids- loud and busy and not a big deal when your three year old has a tantrum. He wasn't the only one!

All in all we enjoyed ourselves. But the nasty smoking area surrounding the hotel upon or arrival combined with the delay in the crib just sort of left a bad taste. Luckily the fun of the waterpark and the convenient restaurant made up for it. For $59, it worked.

But please management of the hotel-- move the designated smoking area!!!!

Stayed: April 2015
1  Thank cworld26
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and for mentioning the Hotwire booking you chose allowed you such a reduced rate and the opportunity to stay with us. Although we certainly believe our services and amenities transcend the dollar value you mentioned, we would like to apologize if the crib was not in your room at the time of arrival.

Hotwire reservations are highly discounted run-of-house reservations allowing individuals on a budget to take advantage of hotels usually outside of their price range with rooms that are assigned at check-in. This is why the crib could not be placed in the room pre-arrival, as we wanted to give you the opportunity to determine the accommodations best suited for you and your family. We are happy to hear we were able to get you two queen beds on short notice. We will follow up with our HSK team and review the evening procedures to determine what could have been done to ensure all guests receive their items in a timely fashion, and we apologize if this was not done during your most recent stay.

Incidentally, although our smoking stations meet state requirements for being positioned more than 30 feet from our entryways, we cannot force people to smoke away from the door without proper notification. With that said, we have repositioned our smoking stations even further from our access points in light of your concerns. Thank you for brining them to our attention.

We are happy you found the food quality and selection so "surprisingly good", as our Benvenutos Italian restaurant offers authentic Italian Cuisine. It is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service, carry-out, and catering/banquet options are available by calling 608-826-0500.

Thank you again for your review, and we wish you the best on all your future hotel bookings.

Reviewed 4 April 2015

We stayed for 2 nights we arrived around 3:30 and was recognized as a Priority member and checked in right away. Plenty of parking is available. Nice elegant hotel with restaurant attached. The pool is located right at the elevator We had a room right at the elevator on the third floor, vending and ice machines conveniently located right by the elevator as well. The room was very spacious and the first thing I noticed was how good it smelled in the room. The favorite for me was that the windows opened and I could get some fresh air instead of the artificial air from the air conditioner. The bed was super comfortable. The super plus was the microwave and refrigerator. The pool area was a little congested, but we found seating located near an outlet so that I could charge my phone. The chlorine was a bit strong, but my grandson did not seem to be bothered by it. The pool staff was very efficient my grandson hit his head coming down the slide and on his way to me the young lady was right behind him to make sure he was okay and asked if he needed any ice, that was greatly appreciated. There was shopping and restaurant close to the hotel, had it been nice we would have walked. Overall we enjoyed our stay, the staff was friendly and we would stay again.

Room Tip: Third floor right outside the elevator worked well for us.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Hello, and thank you for staying with us during your most recent spring break getaway.

We are happy to hear you were able to take advantage of all the amenities our hotel has to offer, in addition to enjoying the Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark located inside our hotel. We are also happy to hear you found our full-time Lifeguard staff to be so efficient and pleasant.

Thank you for mentioning how nice your room layout and amenities were - available in all of our 14 different room types.

We will be sure to pass along how friendly you found all of our staff members to be as they love to hear about the positive impact they have on all of our guests, regardless of their reason for staying.

Thank you again, and we wish you the best during all of your future travels.

Reviewed 3 April 2015

We stayed here two nights. It is a nice, classic hotel and also has an indoor waterpark. Parking was easy outside and the breakfast was certainly better than in other US Holiday Inns, especially the good selection of fruit appealed to me. It is easy to access and the drive to the city centre took c 15 minutes. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need to rest during the day it would be advisable to ask for a room not facing the indoor waterpark, which was quite noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2015

Thank you for taking the opportunity to write such a wonderful review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the large, spacious rooms available in all of are 14 different room types available to accommodate the needs of any travelers.

Yes, we recently upgraded our hot buffet breakfast and have a large array of items exceeding the standards required so we can bring you an extensive buffet with a large selection of items. We are happy you enjoyed this change.

During the week, the pool hours and volume are restricted to give our business traveler the peace and quiet they need to relax and/or get some work done.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

From beginning to end, this hotel stay was great. The room was lovely, the staff were wonderful and top kudos to the dining room staff. There was one lady in particular who was amazing and we'd like to give her credit where credit is due--unfortunately, her name escapes us at the moment. She gives amazing service. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. This stay helped an otherwise difficult situation be better.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2015

Hello, and thank you for mentioning what wonderful stay you had while staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Madison West.

We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful experience with the food and service at our on-site Benvenuto's Italian Grill.

We are also thrilled to hear you had such wonderful experiences with our Front Office team, as they are trained and ready to serve and please at a drop of a hat.

We understand that often people traveling to hotels are doing so not on vacation or business, but to attend to serious personal matters. We are happy we were able to make your situation that much more bearable with the service and accommodations we provide.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return at some point in the future, hopefully, for pleasure!

Reviewed 5 March 2015

First of all I'm rating this stay 5 stars because I feel it was a good value and we got what we paid for. This isn't the Four Seasons but that's not what one should expect staying here. I booked reservations for my family as well as my brothers as a less expensive alternative to staying at Great Wolf Lodge in the Dells, which we visited last winter.

We arrived on Saturday at noon and as expected, our rooms were not quite ready. The young woman at the front desk was kind enough to give us wrist bands for pool access. The hotel was smart enough to book our families in adjoining rooms. She also was kind enough to let my brother know we were in the pool when he arrived with his family.

The pools are small but perfectly fine for toddlers. The lifeguards were the same both Sat and Sun and did a good job. In fact, I asked one for the wifi password and the hotel and she said she didn't know. I thought for a second and then said, that's the right answer! I don't want the lifeguards playing on their phones like I've seen in some cases. The lifeguards were a little overcautious I felt in not allowing us to play with some of our balls but rules are rules.

The Italian restaurant attached to the hotel was surprisingly good food. Kids eat free so we dined there for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

All in all, I was pleased with our stay. The service was solid, the hotel lobby is nice, the restaurant was very good, the pools are small but fine and the rooms are a little dated but perfectly acceptable in clean. We got what we paid for.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer while also feeling the value relative to price paid was appropriate.

Thank you for mentioning the Lifeguard staff and the job they do in our on-site Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark you referenced. We have worked aggressively with them and Dane County to ensure we are providing a safe, clean, and productive environment for all to enjoy. I am happy to hear you found their rules enforcement and consistency beneficial.

The Benvenutos Italian Grill also located inside our property is another great amenity offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service, carry out, and catering options. We are happy to hear you also enjoyed your experiences there.

Thank you again for such a great review. We will be sharing it in detail with all staff as we love to hear about our guests and their wonderful experiences here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West.