“Mouthwatering Enchiladas Verde!”

Lalo's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #301 of 1,099 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Description: We are a family owned restaurant serving some of Madison's favorite Mexican food. Join us for Happy Hour 2pm-5pm M-F Join us on Tuesdays for $1.50 tacos ALL DAY
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Lalo's Mexican Restaurant is a relaxing, family friendly place to eat.
My favorite meal is the Enchiladas Verde. You get three tortillas filled with juicy, scrumptious chicken. They are covered with yummy green sauce and cheese, and served with rice, beans and the freshest lettuce and tomatoes imaginable. The staff is friendly and accommodating to different preferences. These Enchiladas Verde are to die for!

1  Thank dianaspalette

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Surprisingly though granted the food is good, the portions were chintzy at best. 12 pretty red & green chips in a basket? Usually Mexican restaurants serve generous portions, ours was surprisingly meager, though again good. Would have liked to relax & enjoy, felt unnerving, with the male that popped out the side of the kitchen area to watch, then the back area every 3-4 minutes continually throughout our visit. The salsa IS awesome, asked & they don't sell that individually. Limited vegetarian options available. Strange offering of a tostada with broccoli instead of meat? Thought tostadas traditionally consist of beans, tomatoes, cheese, etc...Asked for that & was told I could have broccoli. Server was nice/polite & all. Prices were higher than normal for the portion sizes compared to other establishments. Strangely 1st time ever visiting a Mexican restaurant were we came & left hungry. Rice/beans portion sizes - small silver dollar dollops, or small condiment cup size. Rarely able to finish my meal, no problem here. Stopped for a bite elsewhere afterward.

2  Thank Khariel
Reviewed 3 December 2016

I am always looking for new places to try and saw a favorable review of tis restaurant, I was very impressed. The location is an old strip mall and the parking is very limited; however, you can park in the parking lots for the businesses nearby and walk. Chips are served with two kinds of salsa and both were good. I had the Enchiladas Verde and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would highly recommend this restaurant and best of all, the price is right.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Latest restaurant to occupy a great location. Limited parking so if busy there is an adjacent restaurant to park behind. We were there the second week they were open and no wine/beer list yet. Servers from local high school and struggled to present alcoholic drink options so opted for a recognizable beer. Menu was shorter than most Mexican restaurants but we easily found a few options and they were great and substantial. Entrees came out fast. Servers were attentive and young but trying hard to please. A satisfying dinner for two for just over $20. With a little polishing of the service I think this place will be very popular. Reminded us of Mi Cocina when they were down the street before they went out of business. Fast, delicious, filling, and a value!

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

I ordered two corn tacos and a diet soda for a quick lunch. When I asked for a slice of lemon, my waitress kindly offered limes and brought several slices, which I really appreciated! The tacos (one chicken, one pork) were delicious and reasonable. Your choice of booths or tables. I will be back!