“Happy Hour!”
Review of Paisan's

Paisan's
Ranked #36 of 983 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Wisconsin
“Happy Hour!”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I've never eaten a meal here. I've been to happy hour and hung out in the bar area a few times. The happy hour is very good with $1 rails and cheap appetizers. Nice bar atmosphere

1 Thank araimer

Fox Point, WI
“Good Food, Bad Waitress.”
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We dined at Paisan’s in Madison (131 W. Wilson Street) on 06/30 and everything was great except out waitress Megan. Megan was having a bad day and for some reason apparently took it ou ton us with a bad attitude and overall hosting.

The food was extremely well priced as were the drinks. We parked in the garage and our parking was validated so take advantage of the free parking. They don’t take reservations for groups under 12.

I will go back to Paisan’s again because the food was great as were the drinks and the view of the lake. The booths are huge and comfortable as well. I don’t think bad wait staff is typical of this restaurant and am excited to go back.

Chicago, Illinois
“A night out on the town...”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

A night out on the town in Madison, must include a view of one of our, usually, beautiful lakes. However, if you are looking for decently priced italian and at best comme ce comme ca italian, then Paisans is the place for you. A nice place to take a date if you're cheap. On the weekends there is a wait, and parking can be horrible to find if there ramp, free of charge on certain days, is full. The few times that I have gone here, the staff have had at best attitudes towards my date and I. Save your money, stay home light a few candles, cook up some bowtie pasta with pesto, and go for a walk by the lake.

Bradenton, Florida
“Ahhh, Madison; Ahhh, Paisan's . . . great to be back!”
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We returned to WI for vacation in July . . . and had to have a reunion of family and friends in the "Mad City" . . . where to go . . . Paisan's of course. It is no longer near the university. Since we moved from Madison area, Paisan's is now overlooking Lake Monona, near the famous Monona Terrace. If you want to have a great view, super food and all of the great vibes Madison, WI has to offer, then return to Paisan's and its exciting location. What an absolute delight!! I vote for the mushroom tetrazzini; others vote for the shrimp pizza; the great Caesar salad; and the meat-filled cannelloni. Whatever you choose, you won't be disappointed. And after all these years, the prices are STILL moderate -- and the place still feels like home.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Waste of time and money”
Reviewed 14 July 2009

You are most definitely paying for the view at this restaurant so if you go there, make sure you can at least see the Lake from your seat. The food was a joke. I get better pasta from a box labeled "Kraft". My alfredo sauce had the consistency of paste and the supposedly "homemade" noodles (I bet a thousand dollars that the noodles I got were not actually homemade) were nothing but mush. And apparently the term "salad" is used very loosely around Paisan's. I didn't try the pizza that everyone seems to be raving about but I don't want to anymore. The dishes we had made it quite evident that there is little to no respect for the art of food. I will NEVER go back and will advise people to save their money because a can of Spaghettios is more satisfying.