“Ths place was the same as aways”
Review of Buck's Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Buck's Pizza
Ranked #502 of 1,020 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I have never been a big fan of pizza places that would cut pizza in squares. The crust was soggy, in my opinion too many other places in Madison to choose from

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Everytime I go to Madison yo visit relatives, I'm always ready for some Bucks Pizza. Love the thin crispy crusts that are home made. The price is right and the pepperoni and sausage are a good quality and are spiced perfectly. Don't look for a dining room, carry out only

Reviewed 17 February 2016

The pizza here is all thin-crust, and tastes very good. The crust is consistently light and flaky, the sauce is tasty, and the cheese is plentiful. The toppings are all very basic however, and all seem to be bulk quality rather than freshly chopped veggies. There is NO seating or delivery; take-out is the only option here. I would never pay regular price for the these pizzas, but Bucks often offers coupons in the local coupon magazines that make it a decent value, and we order Bucks pizza using coupons from time to time.

One visit that left a sour taste in my mouth stands out in my memory in particular, however. I was waiting for my pizza to finish baking after I had paid, standing in the small lobby area, and the owner (I don't know his name) happened to be working the cash register that evening. He was chit-chatting with another customer while I waited, and the subject got on politics, since apparently the other customer was (or had been in the past) a local politician. The owner went on to (very loudly) disparage our US Representative at the time (current US Senator), Tammy Baldwin, while suggesting that he would really like it if we could find some way to get her out of office. If he was looking for feedback, I'd kindly suggest he keeps his political commentary to himself in the future, learn a little more about the demographics of his Madisonian customer base, or raise the quality of the pizza he sells quite a bit, as his loud comments have certainly encouraged our family to look elsewhere when we're in the mood for cheap, mediocre pizza.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

The only pizza our family agrees on! Flavorful sauce, spicy (but not too spicy) sausage and gooey cheese! We live 20 minutes away, so we order it half-baked and finish it at home. The crust is thin and soft, but we crisp it up on the bottom rack in our oven. NOT A DINE IN RESTAURANT.

Reviewed 12 June 2015

Bucks started out in 1958, the year I was born. It's still there and for good reason. Yep it is a little greasy from the large portions of meat and cheese toppings, but I have been getting them for years. I always get two because one of them never makes it home. It's all old school pizza, just the way you like it. They don't have inside dining but they did deliver to me when I was out in the boat once. If a place has been around for 56 years, they are obviously doing something right. They are very close to one of Madisons beautiful lakes. A great view and picnic tables to sit and enjoy.