“Authentic Mexican Food”

El Rancho Mexican Grill
Ranked #392 of 1,041 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Tucked in a small space next to Dunkin Donuts, we stopped here because Guadalajara is closed on Mondays. It turned out to be a great find and I enjoyed the quesadilla, taco, and tamales we ordered. Ran out of phone space otherwise would have pictures more.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

This is a genuine Mexican restaurant owned by the person making and serving the food. The quality of the food is excellent prepared with ingredients chosen by you. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I love their burritos. My girlfriend loves the tacos. Why go to a chain restaurant when you can support a small business with better food. This is now my go to Mexican Restaurant in Madison.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

I came here with a group of seven people looking for a quick lunch. Good choice! The helpful staff moved tables around and handled us quickly.

The menu is small and up on the wall -- tacos, burritos, etc. As the other folks have said, it is like Qdoba -- you go down the line and they put stuff in your burrito. I had steak and it was very tasty. Nice warm wrap and fresh ingredients.

The place can hold about 16 or 20 people max. Counter service and drinks are in bottles and cans from a cooler. It reminds me of the eateries you often find in the back of Mexican groceries. Informal and good. I'm going back!

Reviewed 17 September 2016

It might have been the combo of choices I made - but they were fabulous! This was like a Subway, but mexican style. Loved it!

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Fast, fresh and authentic Mexican food. Will be back. I'm from San Diego and am picky about Mexican food. This is one of the best Mexican restaurants in the Madison area. The menu is limited, but that is okay, because the quality is good and the tacos I have tried are spot on.