“Unusual Hispanic cafe inside of small Hispanic Supermarket”
Review of La Rosita Latina

La Rosita Latina
Ranked #374 of 1,054 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed 1 November 2015

I found this place by accident as it is located inside a small Hispanic Grocery store that I had gone to in order to check out what they had. I've found that Asian and Hispanic markets have wonderful foods and produce at a fraction of the cost of chain supermarkets.

When I entered the supermarket, I found that it had a small cafe that served freshly made food including Tacos, Burritos, Gorditas and sold the fillings by the pound so you can make your own at home. It had booths and complimentary guacamole and salsa and hot sauces. I decided to have lunch here and was amazed how good and inexpensive it was! I knew it was likely good as the booths were completely full and I was the only caucasian in the cafe area, many hispanics and a few asians were enjoying a Sunday brunch/lunch and the food looked awesome. It was!

I ordered the tacos and had one of each of the steak asada, chicken and I decided to try something I hadn't had before that they had, the beef toungue. I have attached some pictures of what I received and it was very very good. Their corn tortillas that they served them in were the best I'd ever had anywhere and the taco itself was right up there too. You can buy the tortillas there in the store, along with really inexpensive dried chile's and they have a wonderful produce and meat department too.

You get your food, consume it if you are eating in, then go to the register and pay where you pay for groceries. I was surprised as they didn't even give me any kind of paper with my food-you have to remember to stop and tell them on the way out. It was really good and the guacamole and the sauces on the tables were delicious and freshly prepared and complimentary.

It is in a small strip mall inside the storefront that says La Rosita Fresh meats and produce. They told me they serve from 11-7 pm.

Check them out if you like Mexican style food-it is some of the best I've ever had and very inexpensive. You can do it take out/take home too!

Evidently this is the first review for this place as a restaurant. It is listed in some places under groceries. I can not post photos but once Trip Advisor adds it, I will come back and update my review with some photos I took while there.