“A lovely inn, lovely street with lovely owners”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 397 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
San Francisco
“A lovely inn, lovely street with lovely owners”
Reviewed 11 January 2006 for a stay in December 2005
people found this review helpful

We stayed at La Maison around the New Years weekend and loved it. Several guests during our stay were New Orleanians impacted by the hurricanes and it was interesting to talk to them about their experiences. I am also impressed by the way John the B&B owner helped these folks with F.E.M.A. issues, looking for housing, support, etc. In fact, one of the guests found a gorgeous apartment just across the street from La Maison!

B&B rooms are great: comfortable and so elegant. And the neat thing is LOCATION because you walk everywhere. (FYI, New Orleans is very safe now and I noticed the difference from past trips.)

I highly recommend La Maison Marigny!!

Lance (And Sheryl)

Houston (Pasadena), Texas
“Glad to be back in NOLA!”
Reviewed 7 November 2005 for a stay in October 2005
people found this review helpful

We are among the first post-hurricane guests to visit La Maison Marigny and are pleased to report the B&B is not only still standing but also looks great. When we booked, the owners told us not to expect all services and features but when we arrived we were pleased to see a beautifully-restored courtyard and hot water coming from the showerheads! The only thing not working was telephone. Since we all had cell phones it was a non issue. Also breakfast service is somewhat limited as there aren't many stores open but John offered hot muffins or scones, fruit, cereal and yogurt each day along with great cafe du Monde coffee!

It was difficult seeing the destruction in New Orleans but the French Quarter area looks "almost 100%." We had a blast during our off-work hours and can't wait to spend money in the city in 2006!

RichMorri...
Montreal
“Great, especially considering the weather!”
Reviewed 17 July 2005 for a stay in July 2005
people found this review helpful

We visited La Maison in July, just as Hurricane was hitting nearby. The B&B lost electricity for at least a full day as did much of the neighborhood. John was the ultimate host. Made sure we were fed, had full knowledge of the storm's aftermath and our options, ensured our safety and worked diligently to relocate us to another nice B&B AND provide transportation. You don't get THAT from hotels, do you?

The one night we stayed prior to the storm was lovely and I can't wait to return. Nice decor and a great place overall. Good value, too, especially for an overpriced hotel city like New Orleans.

There are other B&Bs and there are many hotels but there's only one John.

New York
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 29 June 2005 for a stay in June 2005
people found this review helpful

My wife and I had a fantatic time in New Orleans. John welcomed us in the B&B and gave us good information on where to go and what to see. The B&B was a perfect choice and I would recomended it to anyone.

hnlbosnyc...
Honolulu
“Could not be more pleased!”
Reviewed 21 June 2005 for a stay in June 2005
people found this review helpful

We loved everything: the B&B, the host, the fabulous location. Having never been to N.O. and not really a B&B person, I had my fingers crossed over my selection of La Maison Marigny. My husband and I loved it. We had the queen balcony room, which we found very nicely appointed. Even with being on the street, the room was cool (central air!) and quiet.
We came down each morning to our delightful host John who was the perfect mixture of helpful & gracious, but not overly chatty (good for me, not being a morning person) and then we would set out walking down Royal Street (we avoided Bourbon whenever possible). The location's nearness to Frenchman Street and the various jazz clubs was a plus---an easy and pleasant walk home, even late at night.

When I walked by some of the hotels I had considered before I booked La Maison, I was so glad to be at our little B&B....it was an oasis to come back to after long days of walking, shopping and eating!

Cleanliness Service
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$750
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing