“Decadent Dessert”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: Sucré is an artisan dessert and confection experience established in 2007 as part of the Renaissance of post Katrina New Orleans. Steeped in the heritage of a rich culinary culture of New Orleans, Sucré's modern approach to gelato, desserts, chocolates, macarons and confections has fast made them a cherished destination for all locals and travelers with the objective to simply make everyone's day a little sweeter! ***Open 8 AM until Fat Tuesday, February 28th 2017.
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Everything chocolate based in this high-end dessert shop. They also sell gelato and shakes and malts made with gelato.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Everything looks amazing, no doubt about that, but i ordered a drinking hot chocolate (tasted sour), and a lemon blackberry dessert and all i could taste was sugar. No depth, no distinct flavor of blackberries but the presentation was beautiful... I also ordered three chocolate bars - two hazelnuts and one tiramisu. In the tiramisu you could faintly taste the mocha, but in the hazelnuts you could barely taste any hazelnut at all. Very disappointing since it is very expensive... My friend took one bite of the chocolate dessert and said it was so cloyingly sweet and didn't taste like chocolate. Her coffee was good, though...

1  Thank loves2travel2011
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I went with a group of friends for a coffee but when you see all the desserts that are like little works of art, you must try something! I ended up trying the 'smores dessert and I also took some candy home for my family. This is a beautiful little shop and it is nice that it stays open later so you can stop in after dinner.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped by Sucre to grab some dessert to bring back home after dinner. The eclaires are absolutely wonderful. The macaroons are as good as those in Paris.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I was looking for a Macaroon and Sucre came up on a search. The Macaroons and chocolates are pricey for what you get. I ordered at the counter and had to wait a long time for someone to finally help me. I guess the trick is to sit at a table and get a waitress to help you.

I waited until I got home from vacation to eat my treats. Most of the macaroons lacked in flavor. The banana foster is the only one that had a decent flavor. The outside of the chocolates had a bit of a waxey texture or flavor to me. The insides tasted good, there just wasn't enough of the filling for the money. I spent around $30.00 for the smallest box of chocolates and 8 macaroons.