Hotel Villa Convento
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$99
US$215
US$189
  • Restaurant
French Market Inn(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$136
US$138
US$127
US$499
US$299
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. Marie(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$138
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Lamothe House Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$189
  • Pool
Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
US$199
  • Bar/Lounge
Grenoble House(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$399
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrench marketbudget roomcroissant d'orbeauregard keyes housebalcony roomrising sunfew blockspeeling paintcookie cutterchain hotelbourbon streetquiet streetdirectly across the streetghost tourlocation is greatparking garagejackson square
Reviewed 11 January 2012

this is the best hotel in the french quarter trust me i have stayed in the hotel over 50 times my wife and i just got home from the bcs football game and we loved it this time more than ever warren we love you see you next stay

Room Tip: ask for warren he will do anything you need
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank james t
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I just returned from a weeks stay at the HVC. I stayed in room #303 in the main building. The room was very quiet with very little noise. This is what I requested upon booking and Warren made that happen. The room was very comfortable and had everything that I wanted. This hotel is in the absolute perfect location for visiting NOLA. Everything is right there and within a short very enjoyable walk. This hotel is located steps away from some of the top rated hotels/restraunts on TA. Thanks to all the very helpful friendly staff who work at the HVC. I truly felt like I was visiting family and that I had made it home (thank you Lane.) I will be returning to NOLA and this is where I will be staying. Now for some constructive feedback on what I feel could improve at the HVC and for me to give this property an excellent rating. My only complaint would be the cleanliness/upkeep. Dirty carpet, dusty walls & moldings, stained mattress, burned out lighbulbs, and hair dryer that didn't work. Not complaining and didn't impact my enjoyment in staying here. But could be a problem for others that would like to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank TravellingMan37
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I just returned from five nights at the Villa Convento. Let me state at the outset that the concierge, Lane Guidry, made this stay utterly perfect. His pleasant manner and his willingnes to do whatever asked was delightful. He made sure I had cabs quickly, and I overheard him arranging the delivery of a rental car for another guest. The night concierge, Mary, is also personable and willing to stay past her scheduled departure to help a guest.

The location is on Ursuline, between Royal & Chartres. It is five blocks from the Frenchman Street area, about two blocks to the French Market, and two blocks to Bourbon. While a very convenient location, it is also a very QUIET location. Also, I never once felt fearful walking alone at night after parking my car. It also has the delightful happenstance of being directly across the street from Croissant d'Or, which is a lovely bakery that serves breakfast and lunch as well. There is an ATM there as well.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. My first two nights were in a single room, which was basic, clean, and just what I needed. The remaining nights were in a room with two queen beds, sharing with a friend. Huge bathroom with a very deep tub, plenty of hot water, good water pressure, and soft, fluffy towels. The beds were comfortable and nicely appointed.

This is not a luxury hotel, it is a guest house. It is a wonderful place to stay that isn't overpriced or in the middle of the drunken noisy action. I will return here and recommend it without a moment's hesitation.

Room Tip: We stayed in an upper room that overlooked the beautiful courtyard. So relaxing to wake to the sound of the fountain.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I read the reviews AFTER my husband booked this hotel, so I approached our stay with a little trepidation....... I was delighted to find that the hotel, while old and undergoing renovations, was very charming. Our room was in the very front of the building, on Ursulines--a fourth floor suite--large queen room with a large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and shower, and another room with a lovely iron daybed, with balconies on two sides--brilliant and gorgeous at daybreak, sunset, or anytime, really, and we could see the boats on the Mississippi River. This room overlooks the beautiful Ursuline convent grounds, and is steps away from the French Market. There is an amazing French pastry shop directly across the street. (The shop is only open until 2 pm, so get there early.--Choc., almond or ham and cheese croissants and wonderful coffee--yum!) Some of the reviews of Hotel Villa Convento complained of poor customer service, but we found that the front desk people (four over our two-day stay) couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. There is a little courtyard in the back and the rooms back there could be the ones that people had negative feedback on--I couldn't say. Parking is a few short blocks away, but it's FREE--which is unheard of in NOLA. It's within easy walking distance of Bourbon street and all other French Quarter fun. Staying here was like staying in a European hotel in any old European city. All in all, I very much recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Front of building, facing Ursulines Ave---top floor has great views and has a queen suite with addition single bed. Excellent bathroom and beautiful views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KathyIpswich_MA
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My friend and I stayed in a "courtyard" room for two nights prior to a cruise. Vincent provided personal service and made us feel welcome from the moment we walked into the charming lobby. The hotel could use a bit of "sprucing up" - the towel racks in the bathroom were broken and the fountain in the courtyard could use a power wash. That said, the room was spacious, vintage and very clean. The location is perfect. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011