“Best Oyster Bar in Town !”

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Drago's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 1,996 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Highly recommended by friends, we decided to try this well known Oyster bar while in New Orleans.
In general I like oysters , however I am very careful when travelling as do not want to get sick, hence decided to have only the half dozen as confident the oysters were cooked.
I absolutely loved them!! Flame roasted oysters covered with garlic butter and bread/cheese crumble accompanied with French bread . Delicious to eat in their own juice.
Experience to repeat when back in town.
The service was average, not impressive the attention the staff reserve to customers, however they were friendly .
The stop for a late lunch was overall worth.
Price was acceptable and not extremely far from other oyster bars in the area.

1  Thank daisy742014

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Despite the restaurant being very quiet, I expected the service to be more efficient. It wasn't as though I was ordering a large dinner, but we had to wait an eternity for a very basic shrimp and fries lunch.

Our waitress gave the impression she did not want to be there and the food was very poor and represented poor value.

Maybe we picked a bad day, but there is better value, food and service in NOLA.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

We were amazed how good an oyster could be by them roasting them on a grill with French bread to dip in the butter and oyster juices. It was a very nice treat for dinner!

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to eat. The atmosphere was delightful, friendly servers, and mid- range prices. There was a variety of food on the menu and each one that was ordered was delicious. The oysters are cooked to a perfect taste. I would recommend this restaurant to any one visiting New Orleans.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I'll start by saying I never liked oysters. So even if oysters are something you would never eat...go ahead and try these. We split a plate of 12... I think it was 19.95. They where wonderful! They are covered in butter and what looks like a sprinkle of cheese. Don't worry about the calories they are worth it...it's a special treat. We split a salad and the shrimp and grits plate too. The shrimp and grits where very Cajun spicy , so be aware. Splitting a meal with a big appetizer was perfect and plenty to eat. It gets crowed fast at dinner time, I don't think they take reservation ( but not positive) so go early if you can. Worth the stop for something truly New Orleans flavor!