All reviews warehouse district choice hotels front desk commerce street tchoupitoulas street hotel group within walking distance french quarter great hotel national wwii museum modern hotel cochon minute walk room facing highly recommend this hotel quiet area stayed longer
Reviewed 13 October 2018

I made reservations at this hotel because I have a new car and wanted to make sure it was parked in a secure area. Stayed 2 nights. Used GPS to find it from the National WWII museum; finished up earlier than we thought we would and arrived a little before check-in time and were able to check in immediately, no issues. Staff very friendly, and wanted to ensure that we had a great stay.Our room view was of the parking garage across the street which was okay since I didn't expect a great view. Had time to rest before dinner. Location is good and there are good places to eat nearby within walking distance. Ate, walked around, and came back to hotel for a night cap. No safety concerns while we walked around. There's a chocolate pecan pie on the hotel restaurant menu that is excellent. Most pecan pies are terribly sweet, but this one was just right for me. Ordered decaf coffee, and got only one cup. Something about the coffee machine cut off and takes 30 minutes to warm up. Rather than wait for another, I said never mind. Slept fairly well, but I kept waking up when people came back to their nearby rooms. The room doors close fast and hard, and of course in New Orleans and a Saints home game, people were coming and going. I am surprised I didn't wake up to street noise. Second day, we ate breakfast at the hotel. It's not complimentary as in some hotels. I ordered an egg white omelet and was told they were out of the whites, but could use the same ingredients with other egg mixture. So, don't use real eggs. Ham was thin, more like what one would expect on a sandwich; fruit was great. Had no issues with decaf coffee that morning, so maybe others ordering it as well, and machine didn't cut off? We got the car and drove out to Chalmette Battlefield, came back to the French Quarter,had lunch, saw some sights, and back to the hotel. Took a few minutes to get the car that morning as people were checking out, but not more than 20 I don't think. We had gotten a text that it would be ready in 12 minutes. We were not in a hurry so no big deal. The valet parking people were always professional, courteous, and apologized for the delay. Arrived back to hotel in mid-afternoon. Room was clean, everything in order, plenty of towels, supplies replenished. Really did a good job with that. I noticed the bathroom products contain gluten and soy amino acids or enzymes, if I recall correctly. I have friends who are sensitive to those, so just noticed it from being around them. Rested and refreshed, went out for dinner to a place within walking distance and returned. Again, no safety concerns. And again, awakened in the night from doors shutting in the hallway. The next morning, got things together to check out and texted valet service to bring car. Went to checkout, and I looked at my receipt. I like itemized receipts. Years of traveling for business and filing for reimbursements has made me very aware of how receipts are written. Also, working in accounting has made me very aware of how reciepts reflect charges. I questioned the format since it looked like I paid a crazy amount of money for just parking, and no charge for room. Couldn't get it resolved on the spot because I had packed my confirmation copies away, and the car was already packed. According to the manager, it was needed to see what package I purchased. I just don't do email on my phone anymore since I retired, so couldn't access it..Iknew I had purchased a package which included parking, and was told when I got home, to check my confirmation email and if there was a price difference, let them know. There wasn't, but, I wanted an itemized receipt because I keep up with stuff like that. I called and talked to a very nice person at the desk who told me the parking fee I paid that was noted in account notes, not on my receipt.. Again, I asked for a receipt that itemized charges. He said sure. The receipt he emailed me is exactly the same one I got when I checked out. I've travelled a great deal in US and abroad, used valet parking, purchased packages, etc., and I don't recall a situation like this before. So, if you need an itemized receipt for business expenses, taxes, etc., may not be the best place to stay. I'm giving up on it. The rates are about average for downtown. Since I lived in New Orleans several years ago, I knew pretty much where i wanted to stay to avoid heavy rush hour traffic, French Quarter noise and activity, etc. I think some people would not be able to walk to the French Quarter or Garden District from the hotel because just far enough to be a little tiring or daunting because of traffic, etc., just my opinion. The only reason I would not stay here again is the receipt thing. Gotta think about that one. Oh, and would bring ear plugs I suppose.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Taylor M, Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites New Orleans Downtown Warehouse District, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear 61Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We apologize that we were not able to produce you an itemized receipt. I have brought this to the attention of Choice International as I do believe this should be something that is shown different. At a minimum it should be "Room Charge" and not parking. As this was a leisure trip for you, I am glad it did not take away from your fun and our level of customer service in our hotel and city. We hope that you do come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We had 100 people travel to New Orleans to attend my sons wedding. The Cambria Hotel & Suites was perfect in every way. The staff was amazing & handled any request we had efficiently & with a smile. The lobby/bar/restaurant was open and spacious. We could always find a friend or family member in the area to sit and visit with. William Stakelum was the perfect host. He arranged for the bridal party to have a room on site for a Champagne Brunch on the wedding day! Everything was perfect and I can't thank William (Bill),Sharon, Will & Jazmine enough. Definitely plan on staying there every time I'm in NOLA.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear CJPOW,

Thank you for the excellent review and congratulations to you son! It was a pleasure to host his wedding day. I will pass on the kind words to Bill, Sharon, Will, and Jazmine. We look forward to seeing everyone again!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

My friend and I stayed here for two nights. We enjoyed the cleanliness and comfortable beds. The bathrooms are very modern with better amenities than most hotels, such as a full size hairdryer, good bath products, and extra towels. The gentleman that checked us out of the hotel, Will, was very nice and easily took care of storing our bags for us because we had plans to go to another tour before our flight out. It was just as easy to get our bags returned to us. I also like how it's not far from both the garden district or french quarter. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that would like to stay away from the fray in a clean, quiet room.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kawaiioni02
Taylor M, Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites New Orleans Downtown Warehouse District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear aljcbqmaster,

Thank you for the excellent review! I will share you kind words with Will! We hope to see you again on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

The staff was VERY pleasant and very helpful! Will and Jasmine were GREAT! Room was clean and spacious. The hotel restaurant was fabulous as well! We will use this hotel again! We love the Big Easy!!! Can’t wait to return!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear aljcbqmaster,

Thank you for the excellent review! I will share you kind words with Will and Jazmine! We hope to see you again on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed four nights in the Cambria with my wife on a long weekend getaway. The staff was first rate. The warehouse district is a great location to stay in New Orleans. My only complaint is the way in which the rooms are furnished. There is no real storage for clothes. If you can’t hang it up, it is probably going to stay in your suitcase. There is an armoire that you can hang clothes on one side. There also isn’t a desk. There is no magnifying mirror in the bathroom which my wife says is important. Having said all this, I would definitely stay here again...just some room for improvement.

One final thing..you can keep your room ice cold because this hotel actually allows you to control the thermostat..a huge plus for me.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Taylor M, Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites New Orleans Downtown Warehouse District, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Esquiresmithl,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to New Orleans.