“Sad”

Ranked #142 of 389 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A fairy tale land populated by fantastic creatures who like nothing better than little kids!
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Wow $16 to get in and the park is in extreme poor condition. Over half of The displays were broken or run down to almost decrepit conditions. The water fountains did not even working.

All reviews
"admission"
in 3 reviews
"tales"

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I remembered Storyland, from when I was younger – much, much younger. With the damage caused by Hurricane Katrina, we were glad to see that it had reopened, but on this trip, we gave it a bit more of an “inspection.”

Yes, most of it DID survive the storm and the flooding that followed (better than some other areas of City Park), but it appears that refurbishment of Storyland is not a high priority, and I think that is a shame. This little park has such great potential for children of the city, and for families on a visit.

I realize that it is not in competition with say a Disney park, but it was never meant to be. However, it needs to have a major restoration project. City Park is such a beautiful, and wonderful asset to the City, and this park does fill a niche. I only hope that it can be remodeled, and regain its past glory. Quite sad to both of us.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

So - the kids liked this place. It was my 4 yr olds favorite stop...that said - it made my heart sad to see how run down each display was. The place is clearly not kept up. The characters are loaded with webs and are chipping all over the place. Though the price is reasonable for a children's attraction a I'd gladly pay more if it was actually kept up.
The kids liked the dragon slide. And were entertained for roughly 30-45mins. If you're staying downtown. I'd say take the trolley out to city park (from canal) it's a nice ride and make sure you take a stroller for young kids!!! It's quite a walk. There's a beautiful sculpture garden nearby - not sure if it costs anything. We didn't go.

Beautiful park to visit even if you skip storyland.

Bring drinks!! It gets hot!

1  Thank Rachael S
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Good for kids under 6 years old. Very rude personne at the entrance. And expensive for what it is. Free for kids under 1 meter

1  Thank macharlot
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We love parks and reading but were really disappointed with our visit. After our flight we wanted the kids to play for a bit before our road trip to our final destination. It barely held my kids' interest for 15-20 minutes and we had to pay $4 a person to get in. It is basically just a path with statues from storybooks that takes about 10 minutes to walk through. Some parts were closed off when we were there and other than a few slides and a few small buildings with stairs there isn't really anything for the kids to do except look at the statues and pose for pictures. It had rained the day before we went and everything was all wet with lots of puddles.You'd be better off playing at the free playground in the larger park if you have children with energy to burn. Would be cute if it were free but definitely not worth paying to get into.