“Carrousels closed on Mondays”
Review of Storyland

Storyland
Ranked #138 of 380 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A fairy tale land populated by fantastic creatures who like nothing better than little kids!
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I took my three children there on my daughter's 5th birthday because we still have fond memories of a perfect day we spent at Storyland in New Hampshire some years ago. The website for this Storyland was outdated and still stated 2016 opening hours in July 2017, so I called and listened to a recording saying they were open seven days a week just to make sure there were no disappointments. After going ALL the way by streetcar and walking through City Park we were told at the cashpoint that ALL carrousels are closed on Mondays! So it was a desaster and we could only access a very small and slightly run down area which was entertaining for 10-15 minutes.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Maybe most reviewers do not realize that the $4 admission also gets you in to the botanic gardens AND the amusement park. Amazing deal. Yes, Storyland is pretty lame and needs some upkeep. But the gardens and amusement park are great. Take the kids through Storyland then head to the other connected attractions. You can take the streetcar to City Park, although it's a bit of a hike through the park.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Family of 5 cost $20. Part of trail closed off and moat didn't have water in it. Displays were dirty and some broken. Locks on doors on some displays. If visiting NO I would skip as there so much better stuff to do. Not worth the time as it will only take 1 hour including play time. Trolley will take you an hour to get there up Canal St, taxi will cost about $27. And the $20 doesn't include any rides.. that will cost you $4 per person per ride.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Wow $16 to get in and the park is in extreme poor condition. Over half of The displays were broken or run down to almost decrepit conditions. The water fountains did not even working.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I remembered Storyland, from when I was younger – much, much younger. With the damage caused by Hurricane Katrina, we were glad to see that it had reopened, but on this trip, we gave it a bit more of an “inspection.”

Yes, most of it DID survive the storm and the flooding that followed (better than some other areas of City Park), but it appears that refurbishment of Storyland is not a high priority, and I think that is a shame. This little park has such great potential for children of the city, and for families on a visit.

I realize that it is not in competition with say a Disney park, but it was never meant to be. However, it needs to have a major restoration project. City Park is such a beautiful, and wonderful asset to the City, and this park does fill a niche. I only hope that it can be remodeled, and regain its past glory. Quite sad to both of us.