“NO BLOWDRYER IN A WHOLE MOTEL. Even for extra money.”

Motel 6 New Orleans - near downtown
Ranked #150 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 3 February 2016

NO BLOWDRYER in a whole motel. You cannot get it even for extra money. Ended up buying a cheap blowdryer at the nearest Walmart. You can get an iron though (I am not sure if you have to pay for it). Clean sheets and towels (2 per customer per day). No shampoo, conditioner or lotion. 1 peace of soap per customer per day. Noisy air conditioner (worked fine). Microwave and a fridge in a room. We stayed in #110. New bathroom which is nice. My biggest issues: squeaky bathroom door and a constantly sliding mattress (won't stay in place when you want to lean toward the headboard and read). Hallway is a little bit smelly, furniture is very old. Free coffee in a lobby 6-10 p.m. Free tourist booklets. Subway is literally next door. Walking distance to Dollar Store and Macdonalds. About 10-15 min from French Quarter by car. $15 taxi to Frenchman street. Stayed 3 nights. Overall - OK motel. Own by Indians I guess. Very thin blanket (it is not an actual blanket). But they gave me a second when I asked.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor. So you will be able to open blinds without people staring at you.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Khariton Z

Reviewed 5 January 2016

I think with places like this (motels) you get exactly what you pay for. It wasn't extravagant, but I felt safe and the place was as clean as it possible could be, despite the aged look of the place. It worked fine for a place to lay my head at night, but I wouldn't want to spend long amounts of time in the room awake since it is not very appealing. Check-in and check-out was fast and easy.
The only complaint I have is the bed is not very comfortable. I'm usually not fussy about beds (I've spent wonderful nights sleeping on couches), but the bed was a platform bed (no box spring) with no slats, just a board. I think when you have a bed with no box spring sitting on a board the mattress should be super comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Armous32
Reviewed 17 November 2015

Didn't end up staying because of a mistake I made in my reservation, but wanted to thank the desk clerk (Harry) for being very helpful and customer service oriented. Helped me cancel and keep my vacation on track

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chicagotraveler653
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

Not fancy, but great place to sleep. Great price, clean, and close to French Quarter 20 mins.or so easy access to I-10. Wood floors, great place if you have allergies. Coffee only in the morning, vending machines with snack foods. Close to Ihop & Waffle House.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FLcraker60
Reviewed 19 August 2015

This was a great value hotel. The staff was super friendly and helpful, they left a bag of towels on my door in the morning, without my asking, because I had a do not disturb sign on the door. The room was very clean and recently updated, but a bit sparse. The hallways were kind of dingy, and the parking lot was gated which kind of told me I might not be in the best neighborhood. All in all, it was a quality hotel for the money.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jack E
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Days Inn New Orleans Pontchartra...
#140 of 167 in New Orleans
Federal City Inn & Suites
#66 of 167 in New Orleans
Quality Inn
#136 of 167 in New Orleans

Been to Motel 6 New Orleans - near downtown? Share your experiences!