“Don't let the outside deter you”

Motel 6 New Orleans - near downtown
Ranked #150 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 9 November 2016

The very look of its surroundings and the caged lot screams "run away," but inside are the largest standard motel rooms I have encountered and done up in a very modern decor. This comes at some price though as the raised platform beds, while chic, were Hades on the back after a day or two. Give me a good box spring next time. Fridge and mircowave were put to good use. Everything else is pretty much standard Motel 6. Internet was very fast in our location.

Room Tip: The interior corridors are dirty and depressing. Ask to be near an exit door if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Buckimion
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 New Orleans - near downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Location was 10/20 minutes to everything. Spacious rooms. Clean well cleaner than I had imagined. I loved the "courtyard" my room was viewing a palm tree along with a freeway in the back ground. I had a room by the exit on the first floor because I said I smoke and the front desk man here let's get you a 1st floor room which I thought was pretty cool. Uber were only 10$ to Bourbon Street. I had come to New Orleans to pick my sister who ported in from a cruise and to my surprise it was only 10mins from hotel. We did have problem with the toilet but once front desk was informed it was handled.Awful bedding,not the greatest pillows and It's New Orleans everything smells like mildew. Everything has water damage. Loud a/c but was just happy that it worked. Could use some updates but you get what you pay for...

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Tonya W
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights. Would come again if ever in the area. Very Affordable. No carpet but I actually like it that way. Housekeepers were very helpful and always greeted me with smiles. They even gave hugs on my last morning.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2016

I thought this place would be a bit rough because of the neighbourhood we looked to be in but found it quite adequate for a few nights stay. The laundry was fine. The room was spacious and clean and tidy. There looked to be homeless people living under the freeway just a couple of blocks from the Motel but we didn't have any trouble. We ate at local places with no issues but we didn't go out walking at night.

Room Tip: Not too close to the freeway exit.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank RATZnz
Reviewed 29 June 2016

I was Ok with this Place until i woke up and tried to take a Shower.... No hot water. And the Bed was Hard . No Box Spring under the Mattress.. Security is good there. You can't even enter the Building unless you have a Room Card Key which is good.

Room Tip: Make sure you have Hot Water before booking room....
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Days Inn New Orleans Pontchartra...
#140 of 167 in New Orleans
Federal City Inn & Suites
#66 of 167 in New Orleans
Quality Inn
#136 of 167 in New Orleans

Been to Motel 6 New Orleans - near downtown? Share your experiences!