All reviewsfree wifihotel roomfront desk staffconvenient locationmotel6walmarttelevisionnola
Reviewed 8 April 2018

This is the worst place we have ever stayed. This Motel 6 should always keep the lights on. The ROACHES for one!!! Sends chills down my spine just thinking about our night there. By the way the only motel I know that does not even have shampoo in your room. So,I guess that's why there's not a hair dryer. There is not a coffee maker either. As a matter of fact there is hardly anything in the room its big and bare. its not carpeted either. People live here. All night long all you hear is slamming doors and people CONSTANTLY walking around. This is a very shady area. The Days INN next door has alot of shadiness going on as well. We had booked 3 days online. I went to the front desk and noted we wanted to check out the next day. Said it was no problem. The next morning the owner pretended he did not see or hear me as I was trying to say something to him.Anyhow they refused our refund. However since my spouse booked through booking.com. They took care of us. They gave us an online voucher for the remaining 2 days!!! KUDOS to BOOKING.COM for saving or day!!!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 New Orleans - near downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

This is a complete nightmare to stay here!!! There were stains on the sheets. The carpet walking up to the rooms was just nasty! The rooms smelled like mold, smoke and dirty people! There was RAVE music playing next door at 3:00 in the morning. I had to call down stairs to tell them to handle it!
Then there were men yelling outside our room half the night. We could not get out of there fast enough!!
They charged my room before I even checked in. If New Orleans was not completely booked and this was our only option....I would have LEFT!! Sleeping in my car with my 2 daughters would have been safer then staying in this place!!
There was trash EVERYWHERE!! I just can't even explain how nasty this place was!
I paid $91 to stay in this dump!

Room Tip: READ REVIEWS!!!! I have learned my lesson!!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank LoriC2160
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 New Orleans - near downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Lori, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a decent, pleasant stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality, and we regret you felt differently during your stay. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I did not read the previous reviews where a woman was held at gunpoint I just thought it would be a good place to stay at a decent rate. Long story short when our Uber driver was dropping us off he said " I don't think you girls should stay here." When we got out of the Uber people were yelling and I instantly got an uncomfortable vibe. Needless to say we booked a hotel closer for more money but you can't put a price on safety!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danielle H
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 New Orleans - near downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Danielle, Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and comfort. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Motel 6. The basics are covered. Clean. Secure. Took a bus back from downtown in 15 min. If you want cheap and close to downtown this is it. Parking lot has security.
Basic breakfast included, Subway next door McDonald’s and Walmart a short walk.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Montana341
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I stayed here while in town for a conference. It wasn't too bad getting back and forth from the convention center on the bus/trolley. The front desk staff was nice and gave me an extra blanket. Although things were a bit scuffed up, everything was perfectly clean.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo