Balcony Guest House
US$159
US$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$139
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

Hyatt Regency New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
French Market Inn(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Pool
Lamothe House Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$99
  • Pool
Hotel St. Marie(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Pool
Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

Grenoble House(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$129
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

US$289
RitzCarlton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssilk roadrestaurant downstairsfrenchman streetfrench quartermarigny districtgreat neighborhoodhoneymoon suiteminute walkevery morningquiet neighborhoodfour nightsvisit nolahome away from homezakguesthousenightlifeantiques
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Pros - The people there, ranging from the innkeeper, cafe servers, bar tenders, to housekeeping, were super nice and helpful. The location was great - only 1/2 a mile from the edge of the French Quarter. It's convenient and quiet. Full breakfast (eggs, sausages, etc) was severed to guests everyday, and there was a welcome cocktail.
Our room had access to the balcony and it was a nice place to chill.

Cons - The room was a bit small and housekeeping was limited. We traveled through Europe before and really didn't mind this type of "pension" service since the price was right. The only thing drove us crazy was the squeaky bed in Room 3.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AuJusCo
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I searched for the perfect place for our girls get together/reunion. When I walked in I knew that I had found the absolutely best place. It was exactly what I wanted for us. The staff was so friendly and made us feel very welcome. The breakfasts were wonderful and the service was excellent. The place is a main gathering point for the neighborhhood, so we were able to experience a bit of the community and get away from the touristy areas. We enjoyed time on the balcony after arriving back after a long day of touring, and bar hopping. This was such a special place, I know that I will never be able to stay anywhere else. We had a great time in NOLA, but a big part of that was due to all the wonderful people we met along the way. The special staff at the Balcony Guest House got us started us off in a great mood each day. We are very grateful for everyone's special kindness and welcome attitude toward us. You made our trip everything we expected from New Orleans. Hope to get back again sometime soon! The sign in front says it all "It's All Good", and it was!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank dangermouse109
Reviewed 11 September 2011

This was going to be just a birthday trip to see Katie Perry for my fiancee... After searching for just "any" B&B, I found Balcony Guest House. As soon as I saw the balcony, I knew I wanted to get married here. I am so glad we did.

We parked right on the street and never moved the car until we left... Upon arrival, our bags were taken upstairs to our room #1. It was so much more than I expected. There is a grocery store, bar, cafe, and laundromat downstairs. Private stairs and entrance to the rooms. Sitting room outside the rooms. Wonderful firm bed, microwave, fridge, shower, TV, and THE BALCONY... There is AC and a ceiling fan, but we slept with only the fan and the balcony doors OPEN... I was more than happy to wake up actually watching the sunrise right into my room. PRICELESS!!!!

We bought daily jazzy passes to ride the bus and street cars $3 each for all day rides. We caught the royal street bus one block from the Balcony Guest House. The streets ARE NOT like normal LONG streets. Walking is soooooo easy and convenient!!! Trust me. We easily walked from Elysian Fields to the Balcony Guest House. Getting to and from the French Quarter, zoo, aquarium or wherever is a BREEZE. The bus lines and streetcars are unbelievably easy to track and ride into the early morning hours!!! My fiancee was a little nervous about riding the city bus. She thought it would be dirty or dangerous out at night past 10, but her fears were quickly vanquished. We even went up to strangers to ask for directions. It truly is the Big Easy!! The people there are just at ease and made us feel welcome. I am so jealous of the convenience of all that NOLA has to offer. I want to move here.

The staff made us feel welcome and treated us with kindness. The breakfast is INCREDIBLE. We had SEC Croissants and grits. Choose the Hot patty sausage. MMmmm Good!! We were so full this one meal lasts all day.

We got married on a Friday at 5:30. It was just us, the officiant, and our two witnesses. We had our wedding catered by Cajun Moon Catering. We found a groupon online. EXCELLENT food.

Room Tip: I chose #1. This is not a dark room due to the street light, but the morning view of the rising sun is priceless.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The location is amazing-- the Marigny neighborhood is beautiful, and close but still removed from the bustling French quarter. I got a very "local" feeling, staying here.
The staff is also amazing-- everything is low-key, and everyone is friendly and willing to help (with directions, for instance) or just shoot the breeze.
The room we stayed in was furnished nicely and pretty clean. The balcony is a must-use: I sat there and read my travel books in the morning, and looked down the street towards Mimi's bar at night.
Schiro's restaurant is a great place to hang out-- delicious breakfast is cooked personally for each guest each morning, COMPLIMENTARY!, and drinks at night are tasty and fun.
I've been recommending Balcony Guest House to all my friends and I'd love to return soon!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My partner and I used to live very close to here. It was our 1st trip back to New Orleans since Katrina. The room was nice and clean...very comfortable. The staff was attentive and so nice. The breakfast was a real plus and made to order. Having access to the balcony over looking Royal St. was so nice. Several nite we chose to stay in and get a couple bottles of wine ( great selection down stairs) and just relax. We had such a nice vist, and plan to return to the city we so loved a little more often. When we do, this where we will stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple