“Well, at least its open late. ”
Review of Hoshun Restaurant

Hoshun Restaurant
Ranked #541 of 2,093 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Neo- Asian
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

The food here is generally consistent and relatively decent but there are better places with better Asian food. The service is wildly uneven. It's great strength is that it is open till 2am on just about every night of the year. If you are an insomniac on Christmas Day, Hoshun is there for you. Some of the clientele are truly terrifying. Or hilariously entertaining. This also depends on your point of view.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

This is our fifth time to Hoshun. Food and service are excellent, not much to say other than this is not a POS Chinese buffet, they have good food.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at Hoshun the night before Thanksgiving last week and it was fabulous. The service was excellent and everyone at the table raved about the food. The owner was very attentive to our party and sent out a variety of appetizers...all of which were delicious. I especially enjoyed the Crab Rangoon, the BBQ Pork and the spring rolls with shrimp and cheese in them....all of which were flavorful and generous portions. The sushi was very fresh and the presentation was beautiful. I would highly recommend trying this gem, which is located on St Charles Ave right between the Garden District and the French Quarter!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Every year, our group of friends meet for dinner around Thanksgiving time. We were here two years ago…this time both the quality of the food and certainly the service has declined.

My husband and I went to the bar to have a cocktail while we waited for our friends but there wasn’t a bartender until 10 minutes later. Some of our friends joined us and again we couldn’t find the bartender …again we waited for the bar tab and had to flag her down to get her attention. It’d be understandable if they were busy but there weren’t many patrons there while we were there.

Both the appetizers, Crap Rangoon and Dumplings were a bit overdone. The Ginger Shrimp was delicious and a generous portion. The server was helpful and friendly but again, trying to get his attention away from the bartender was annoying.

We all agreed that next year we’ll try Five Happiness.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

When I was living in NOLA back in 2012-2013, luckily to me and my friends Hoshun appeared to be located just next to our apartments. We used to eat there quite often, whether it was in the morning for quick breakfast or later on of the day after work duty or with some big companies with friends in the evenings. I loved the ambience, the smiles of hostesses, the attention of lovely friendly waiters, simply everything. I do miss the most delicious Snow Crab Roll and New York Roll. The menu is so good that I ended up with visiting this place more & more often. There are many other nice restaurants, however Hoshun is the only one that won the best place in my heart. When there raised a question between my friends where to go for a Christmas dinner, I with no doubt voted for Hoshun and we all had one of the most amazing Christmas dinners ;-) I do miss the delicious food there and hope to get a chance to visit you if there is opportunity to come for me to be in NOLA again. Your Happy Hours became like a good tradition for our company of friends to spend a nice time. Lots of love from Ukraine.

1  Thank kateeangel