“Outstanding oysters”
Review of GW Fins

GW Fins
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,997 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$50 - US$58
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (two time winner of "Chef of the Year" in New Orleans Magazine) ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

Family with grandparents dined together. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was great. Nice selection of wines by the glass. The oysters were prepared beautifully--served on open shells heated to 500 degrees with perfect light seasoning. Drum fish was sweet and fresh. Shrimp were outstanding. We would return.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,030)

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

Being a local I surprised! This place was great. My arrived at 9pm and by 10 pm I was done. Aaron was a great server. He was attentive and not aggravating. I ordered the oysters abd BBQ shrimp. It was delicious. The sheephead fish was delicious as well according to my date. My swordfish was great with mash potatoes. The sauce was great! Book this restaurant! This place has it together. All staff is cleaned shaven and walk with a purpose. They are in sync! Ask for Aaron!

Reviewed 3 January 2015

We couldn't get reservations in the dining room but waited for table in the bar and had a great meal! Wonderful service and the parmesan crusted sheepshead and the pumpkin seed crusted drum were standouts (yes they're a type of fish), as were the fried brussel sprout leaves (side dish)....yumm!

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

We ate here our first night in New Orleans. The staff was very attentive and also made sure to accommodate my gluten allergy. This was the best meal we had our entire trip! But, if you are going down for any special event, be sure to make reservations a week in advance, this place books up fast!

Reviewed 3 January 2015

I took three associates here for dinner. One from Chicago, one from Philadelphia and one from D.C. We all enjoyed our dinner very much although they were out of the soft shell crab appetizer and also the fig salad. That was a little disappointing as I had chosen this restaurant out of the hundreds of places to dine in New Orleans. Non the less, we enjoyed our meal and the attentive (and apologetic) service. I will return again in hopes of a full menu.