“Best Restaurant in New Orleans!”

Clancy's Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 2,036 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$40
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 16 March 2018

The food, service, and ambiance is simply the best in New Orleans. It has the local feel being in a one-time home in a local neighborhood. Every dish is so good. It is hard to decide what to get. Some of my favorites are: oysters with brie, sweetbreads, fried soft-shell crab, drumfish, coconut cream pie, and spearmint ice-cream. All the desserts are homemade. The coffee is great too and very strong. Also the wait staff is great. I can't speak more highly of this restaurant. New Orleans has some very good restaurants, but this one stands in a league of it's own!!!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I came here for a date during Mardi Gras. I have to say that this was one of the best meals and experiences I have ever had. I will gladly be back and recommend to anyone looking for a great spot for a dinner date or romantic spot. Food was out of this world.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

This is one of our favorite neighborhood spots. Always steady. From great oyster starters, lots of crab dishes and the most delicious veal. Still feels like old New Orleans with very skilled wait staff in tuxedos and white linen table clothes. Excellent bartenders. Always high energy and a good vibe.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Dinner at Clancy’s capped off a fabulous weekend in New Orleans! The atmosphere is great — with amazing service — and well dressed guests. We were celebrating a reunion of college friends (30 years out) and were in a festive mood that seemed appropriate for this restaurant. Archie Manning was at the next table, so we knew we had made a great choice!

The food was divine. We especially loved the fried oysters with melted Brie appetizer, the crab salad and the scallops. The oysters were so simply prepared — cornmeal dusted, atop lightly sautéed spinach, covered with warm, melted Brie — and so yummy that I was amazed no one has thought to do it this way before. Our entrees were also wonderful — we had the specially prepared redfish (perfect), smoked duck, and lobster risotto. The risotto was quite rich with saffron. Desserts and cocktails were also well prepared.

Perfect place to celebrate! I won’t miss the chance to dine at Clancy’s every time I’m in New Orleans from now on!

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious. Tommy our server was exceptional. Recommended by Kevin at our hotel and it was worth the drive. Recommend the liver and veal dish. Food was exceptional. Don't miss the opportunity to experience this location.