“Best meal I have had in a while”

Brennan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Brennan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,996 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: The original Brennan's, opened in 1946, recently emerged from an extensive renovation that spared no effort or expense by new co-owners Terry White and Ralph Brennan. Eight glamorous dining rooms, each steeped in New Orleans architecture and ambiance, celebrate the opulence of dining in a city where breakfast revelry is taken as seriously as a decadent dinner. Acclaimed Chef Slade Rushing's menus are rooted in Creole traditions and are bolstered with contemporary New Orleans influences. Marrying classic and modern techniques yields a decidedly innovative approach and enhances our local, seasonal offerings. Brennan's old-world elegance, fanciful decor and pampering service create a unique and sophisticated backdrop for a most memorable meal. Welcome!
Reviewed 15 October 2016

We were in New Orleans for several days and had some really good meals, but our lunch at Brennan's was the unanimous winner. The service was great, the wine recommendation good, and every dish that came to our table was excellent. We started with EGG YOLK CARPACCIO grilled shrimp, crispy sweet potato, andouille vinaigrette and ROASTED GULF OYSTERS smoked chili butter, Manchego crust. I am not an oyster fan, but these were good. The Carpaccio was unbelievable. If you go here, absolutely get it. I had the SOFT-SHELL CRAB CHARTRES A Brennan’s Original - almond tempura battered soft-shell crabs, coffee-cured Canadian bacon, poached eggs, caper-dill hollandaise and my girlfriend had the Pork Grillades. Both were fantastic. The egg in all of the dishes just seemed to be a better quality egg than I am used to. This was just a great overall meal and the next time I am in N.O. I will be going back.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

I had afternoon hors d'oerves and wine at Brennan's earlier this year and this time we went back for dinner. The dinner was excellent. I had Pompano and it was very tasty. The place has been remodeled and looks great. The service was good and very friendly. I would go again but there are just so many choices in New Orleans.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Service is awesome. They make all the english muffins in house. They also offer breakfast dessert, and the bananas foster is a must have. Really an amazing experience, especially if you can sit out in the patio area.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

This is the first review I've ever posted, but I had to air this. I've been going to New Orleans all my life, and Brennan's has always been one of the Grande Dame's of the city. So my husband and I were excited to take our 15 year old daughter there on our recent visit for a last-minute bananas foster around 9:30 pm. I won't even go into the time we had to wait to be seated at the table that was vacant when we arrived so I'll move on to our waiter. He was unprofessional in his conversation- too much about his personal life- and despite our asking for 2 bananas foster desserts for the 3 of us, he sent out 3. We were willing to overlook this because we knew how delicious it would be! Then came the bananas foster cook, wheeling out his station. Without a word, he began to go about his business. We asked a few questions, but he was clearly not in the mood to be friendly...at all! He put the ingredients in his pan, swirled them around for about 30 seconds, and then served the 3 dishes. I knew the bananas could in no way have been cooked and they weren't. In fact, they tasted hard and green. The sauce, that hadn't even begun to caramelize, was thin and blah. By that time, the bananas foster cook was taking the dinner order of a large party who had been seated nearby. This explains why he was in such a hurry. Why he had such a completely sour disposition, I still don't know. We couldn't wait to leave and do not plan to return. Ever.

1  Thank ghoney98
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

We went for brunch and my only regret is that we didn't have room to try the bananas foster. I had their eggs Houssard and the sauce is delicious. My husband had the Eggs Cardinal which was also fabulous. Our server was Jonathan, who took very good care of us. When he found out we were on NOLA for our anniversary he brought us each a glass of champagne. I will definitely return to Brennan's next time we're in town.