“Where locals go.”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #1,297 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Good boiled seafood. Reasonable prices. Good service. I like the fried speckled trout. Good sandwiches and pizza. Lacks consistency.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

The place is old. The staff changes frenquently. Sad Buffet. Does not hold up to the other local restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

I read a few reviews online as I looked into the place. It is close to where I would be meeting some friends and the many times I passed it, it always seemed like a throwback hole in the wall place that New Orleans was known for, simple comfort food, reasonable prices, vinyl table cloths, random neon wall hangings, a slight smell as you walked in that bordered on good food and old building (never really sure and unwilling to take a deep sniff in case it was the latter)... so I was there...

The place was just as I hoped (having such a nostalgic desire for old limey and historical) - not too many people in the place at lunchtime, but this could be good, no wafting.

The waitress told us to sit where we wanted and we sat down. After a bit the woman came with menus and took a drink order, never asking about an appetizer while we were waiting, not offering a sample suggestion or daily special which was not on the menu.

Eventually ordering, we waited for quite awhile, and when some food arrived, it seemed the waitress forgot to order a few of our meals, and jumping ahead, the forgotten order arrived as most were finished - without apology or acknowledgment of the omission.

The food was average to good. A little salty, and small portions (except the onion rings)

I considered going back to order different things ( as the menu had many interesting offerings) but from the "really don't want to be bothered" attitude of the waitress to the less than satisfying lunch, I see this as a "no thanks"

I am not saying that there aren't better experiences to have here, anyone can be having a bad day, but I would not recommend them.

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Food was ok, service was pretty ordinary as in not very interested in making sure you had everything or needed anything else. Price was fair and decor was in need of something to distinguish what kind of restaurant they are.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

We live only 12 miles from Village Inn, which is located in River Ridge, La (only a few miles from New Orleans). We frequent the restaurant quite often and stopped in for an evening meal yesterday, enjoying the best meal we've had in quite some time. My husband ordered half a Muffaletta and it was overstuffed, moist and perfectly toasted. I ordered the fried oyster plate and couldn't believe the size of the beautifully-cooked, plump. Louisiana oysters.
The menu is great with a lot of variety! We have never been disappointed and recommend it to locals and travelers alike!