“Good food, good service, reasonable prices”
Review of Market Cafe

Market Cafe
Ranked #376 of 2,061 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 28 April 2018

The highlights of our visit were the gator sausage and our lovely server Michael.

Service was surprising fast considering they were catering for a huge group when we arrived and the food was great

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We tried the crawfish beignets. This is like crab cakes. This was good. The spinach salad on the other hand, didn't come with any dressing. The waitress said they did put dressing in but we asked for more dressing anyway. It made a difference, from tasteless to acceptable. The Taste of New Orleans came in tiny cups. The food was good but on the skimpy side. Perhaps they want to make sure you had plenty of room left for dessert.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful food & service in a New Orleans outdoor cafe. New Orleans jazz band playing for the diners. Loved the gumbo and Jambalaya

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

After a day long conference, I needed to be out and about and was looking for a good meal. I happened upon The Market Cafe, lured by their music and outdoor seating. I waited for a bit to be seated, as the sign at the door requested, and was met but a grumpy server who told me to seat myself and sort of snarled at me when I pointed out the sign that said guests should wait to be seated. Despite this, I was able to pick whichever table I wanted, which was nice as the music was great. It was a little off putting that they took a break in order to collect tips but c’est la vie and I understand. Food came out relatively quickly and was fantastic. I had the Taste of New Orleans, which did not disappoint. This dish and a Blue Moon costs around $30 total - a little over priced in my opinion but it is a tourist town, so this is to be expected. Would I got back? Probably not. But I’m glad to have gone as the outdoor seating, entertainment, and tasty food was just what I needed after a long day indoors.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Had lunch here on a Sunday. They were very busy, so it was not a fast experience. The staff was good though. The Muffaletta was awesome. The music was ok. Every break the band took, they would come through the tables asking for donations though, which kind of put me off.

Been to Market Cafe? Share your experiences!