“Cheap Eats, Live Music”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Convenient location in the French Quarter with a shaded outdoor area. They have live music outside, which is an added bonus. They have a fairly decent selection of food at reasonable prices. Tried one of their po-boys, which was pretty good except that it was really dry. Staff was amazing, very quick and friendly. Wouldn't say it is a top place to visit during a trip to the French Quarter, but if you're looking for some great service, live music, and a cheap eat it isn't too bad.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

okay I felt like writing this review of a place I'm often a 'passerby' but rarely a diner. Located near the statue of Joan of Arc by the French Market in a busy are of FQ.
Firstly, the LIVE music is wonderful! Local musos trying to earn a crust in a 'tourist' place. They keep 100% of their tips. THAT's what they make here. that's all they get so they REALLY appreciate the support for their HARD work and they are always trying their best to entertain & the quality of their music is VERY GOOD, so please support them by throwing even a coupla bux in the tin. FOOD here is good, all the local faves, poboys fried gator are good and LARGE portions, you get an honest serve, ditto the drinks,a full service bar, lotsa beers.... outta luck if u r like me and a wine guy, not too swift in that department. Worthy of a very good review IMHO. (thank you for listening)

Reviewed 9 May 2018

My wife and I were looking for a decent bite to eat on our way back to our hotel and one of the waitstaff flagged us in. Decent selection on the menu however the food was not nearly as good as the rest of the restaurants we visited. As the band was playing, one of our son’s favorite songs was being played so I took a 47 second clip to send him while he is serving in the USMC this summer. The drummer in the band got up and basically threatened me that he would “take my phone if it was over 2 minutes?” Being a former police officer, threats are not appreciated. This incident completely ruined our dinner that night. The staff apologized for the threat however too late. We would never go back.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

The drinks are so good; banana daiquiri and we had the popcorn shrimp. Perfect to sit and enjoy music and watch the scene!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Eat the Taste of New Orleans. 4 cups. Filled with ingredients. Worth 20$.Shrimp. Poboy is popcorn shrimp. Red sauce and tarter are ok. Worth the time once. Great location.

Been to Market Cafe? Share your experiences!