“Good Chinese Spot”

Ranked #557 of 2,093 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Closed due to damage suffered in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 26 March 2015

I must admit that there is not a lot that I have had at this place that differs from the norm but the dishes I have had (typical American consumed dishes like sweet and sour chicken / fried rice) are good. That being said, there is a wide authentic Chinese selection offerred and they seem to be desirable by others as well. Delivery is fast, prices are very competitive, food is consistent.

Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

We went there on impulse, the lines were not long and we were seated immediately. Our waiter was awesome. I was on a no meat and sweet diet. He helped me through the whole process. He even helped my husband with his order, and that is an experience in itself. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is awesome. We got so much food we had to bring some home. We have fallen in love with 5 Happiness all over again. Definitely will return.

Reviewed 20 January 2015

good lunch specials, the chicken is all white meat for the Mandarin chicken. I love the egg drop soup it has flavor and the right texture. The price of the meals are very reasonable.

1  Thank Cmp1130
Reviewed 11 January 2015 via mobile

Mydaughter wanted Five Happiness for dinner because she loves the fried rice. Overwhelming portion for a teenager! My wife ordered the shrimp and lobster sauce. Was tasty. I ordered the shrimp with chinese vegetables. Not so tasty. Very very very bland. Would not order again. May be a long time menu item but it needs a whole lot of seasoning just to infuse flavor in to this dish. Food is consistent hot and healthy servings.

Reviewed 29 December 2014

My hubby and I had no holiday plans so we Went on xmas without reservation and told it was a 40 minute wait. We were super hungry but this is Very understandable given the holiday so we waited. Once we convinced the kid sitting at the bar (not drinking) who was with his mom standing next to bar drinking a frozen drink to move we has 2 seats to sit at the bar and enjoyed a wonderful meal. After only one drink they called our name making it only a 20 min wait but we were comfortable in the corner 2 seats of the bar and thought The bartender was lovely so we decided to stay at the bar. We were served drinks and food and it was all fantastic. We had hot and sour soups, steamed veggie dumplings, crab rangoon to start. Main meal was spicy broccoli and veggie mu shu. We hadn't had Chinese food in the city for years but we def won't wait til next xmas to go back when in the mood.