“Best Bbq Shrimp and Fried Oysters ever!”
Review of Mr. B's Bistro

Mr. B's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. B's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 2,085 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$23 - US$50
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Mr. B's Bistro, (since 1979) owned by Cindy Brennan of the famous Brennan Restaurant Family, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Signature dishes include Mr. B's famous Barbequed Shrimp, Gumbo Ya Ya, and Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Sauce. $1.50 martinis and bloody marys each weekday during lunch.
Reviewed 5 May 2016

My husband and I were there last week. I ordered the BBQ Shrimp, he had the ginger honey glazed pork chop, we shared the oysters! Great meal, love this place so much that we went back for another meal during the same week! Don't forget to have the Pecan Pie (it's the bomb)!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,824)

Reviewed 4 May 2016

I often bring out-of-town guests here for the great seafood (traditional dark roux gumbo is great) and an old-school club atmosphere in the heart of the French Quarter. My favorite time is actually late lunch, but I've enjoyed dinner and the jazz brunch also. Without reservations, there can be long waits, but relax and have a cocktail at the bar, people-watch the Royal St. crowd outside, and it's worth the wait.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

A famous and highly honored restaurant is great for lunch. Awarm club feeling with great service and unusual food.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

We arrived right before 2, not knowing they close from 2-5:30, when they re-opened for dinner. They were very nice and seated us. We tried the soup trio, fried catfish fingers and the duck confit egg rolls. As a couple we shared them and were very satisfied. It is a very nice seating area, more upscale than the average New Orleans dining establishment, in the French Quarter. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

We ate with two other couples at Mr. B's on Saturday night after Jazz Fest. The wait at 8:15 was about an hour for a table of 6. We decided to go across the street to The Hotel Monteleone for a quick spin at the carousel bar and drink.
We returned in a hour and were seated immediately. My husband and I split the following: 1-1-1 appetizer, salad and bbq shrimp. We found it to be just the right amount for two. Friends had the shrimp and grits and were swooning. We ate at R'evolution and it was great but I enjoyed the food here just as much for less than half the price.