“Delicious Fish and Tasty Oysters”
Review of Red Fish Grill

Red Fish Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 2,036 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$21 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Iberville Street
Transit: Canal and St. Charles streetcars one block from the restaurant.
Description: Ralph Brennan's award winning casual New Orleans seafood restaurant and oyster bar on Bourbon Street. (Voted seafood restaurant 4 years, best oyster po-boy 2010 & 2011). Don't miss Red Fish Grill restaurant's heavenly BBQ Oysters, signature Alligator Sausage & Seafood Gumbo, Grilled Redfish and Double Chocolate Bread Pudding. Casual and fun (a sea of metal fish in neon swim overhead bright, hand painted tables). Open for lunch and dinner 7 days with a lively cocktail and oyster bar going from 11 AM - 11 PM, the perfect place to ease into New Orleans' laid back French Quarter lifestyle or tell it goodbye until next time.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is one of the restaurants owned by the Brennans. They have multiple oyster dishes but the bbq oysters are the ones to try - they we wonderful. I had the redfish to eat and my husband had the jambalaya. Both were very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,722)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Although the ambience isn’t quite what we hoped, it was a good restaurant especially considering the fare you normally find on Bourbon Street. We had the tuna tartare as our appetizer and the red fish with crawfish special as our main course. Both were delicious. Our server was also very attentive.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a lunch here. Really friendly server with a great sense of humour teased me as I couldn’t have a drink (working later).
We had crayfish starter which we shared, catfish tacos and fried oyster sandwich, all excellent.
Only minus the mains cane about 2 minutes after the starter, reckon this happened as it was a quiet day. Server noticed and apologised which actually made it cool with us.
Recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I ordered the Pompano & my wife had the Red Fish. She wanted the Drum, which was on the menu, but they said they were out. 5pm and they were out???

My plate contained two nice fillets but her plate had only one medium fillet. When I questioned our waiter about this discrepancy he couldn't explain. He said he would bring my wife another fillet but she said no thanks, as she was full. Pretty strange disparity. I wonder if this had anything to do with the fact that we ordered from the prix fixe Pre-Theater Menu? It's priced at $29 and includes a salad or soup.

Service and the meals were both very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed lunch with our daughter and friend on our first day in New Orleans here and were not disappointed. we ordered four different dishes and shared. We ordered the Peacemaker, which was 6 BBQ oysters and 6 BBQ Shrimp, absolutely amazing. Alligator Boudain, not so good. BBQ Oyster Po-Boy not bad, but the one dish we would go back for was the Grilled Gulf fish Tacos. The smoky taste to the fish was just amazing, and we live on the coast and get taco's all the time, but these were just to die for. Great atmosphere in the restaurant and great wait staff.