“four out of four of us were disappointed with coops.”
Review of Coop's Place

Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 2 April 2018

overcooked, dry - maybe we were there on an off day but the place was crowded, hopping and lively but the famous fried chicken disappointed all 4 of us.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,918)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I’m a true Cajun and often don’t care for New Orleans food, but have some favorite spots now. This will not be one of them. My relatives are jambalaya and fried chicken which we thought were OK. But we all tasted the gumbo and it was terrible. We did hear a lady next to us say it was good, but if you want real gumbo this is not it!! I had a seafood pasta which was good. We probably won’t return because there are so many other places we could give 5 stars to. AND the service was TERRIBLE! We were 6 people and gratuity ended up being over $20 which was not deserved. Take this from the 3 former waitresses in our party!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

They say if there's a line up in NOLA then it must be good food. There was a lineup and we were lucky enough to get in and get a front row table close to the stage. Excellent music and excellent food. Noisy and fun. The only problem was the bathrooms. Disgusting.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love finding dive places where we can sit at the bar and talk with people and this does fit that bill. They seat you at a large table with strangers and that part we both agree was great. The other people at the table were friendly and we shared ideas for places to visit and places to eat.

The service was very good. Our waitress was no nonsense but friendly and helpful. I found the food so-so but my husband thought is was excellent. It is typical New Orleans fair but nothing special in my opinion. The atmosphere is very “dive bar” which my husband loved and I thought was a little to on the “let’s not clean and call it a theme” sort of place.

There is a line but it did go fairly quickly. Overall I would recommend you visit if you are in the French Quarter for several days. If you are there for a short trip there are better places to visit.

1  Thank Susan3181959
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We went to Coops based on the reviews. Waited 40 mins after being told it would be 10. Sat with 2 other couples we didn't know which wasn't too bad. Three of the five meals came out wrong. Then a rat walked down the A/C drip line across the floor around a corner and into a cabinet at the bar. The waitress told us "yeah it uses that pipe to come down". Maybe I'm wrong for expecting a little more...maybe an apology or discount...she was nice enough to not charge us for the onions and bacon on the burgers. Never again for us.

1  Thank Steve S