All reviews hot tin rooftop bar garden district tin roof mile high pie tennessee williams streetcar named desire breakfast cafe magazine street french quarter streetcar stop lafayette cemetery charles avenue historic hotel wedding weekend street car line mini bar
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Finally a hotel with a lot a character, beautiful design retaining the Old World charm with all the modern amenities! Large room with the most comfortable beds! Loved these pink bathrobes! So many room type options for families. The Hot Tin rooftop bar offer the best view of the city: can't decide if I like it better at sunset or at night. Best breakfast in the Silver Whistle! But what made our stay so great is the service and the staff from the moment you enter to hotel until the check out, it will be hard to beat this stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Viviane1230
Pontchartrain H, General Manager at The Pontchartrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Viviane1230,

Thank you for the great review! I am happy to read you enjoyed the old world charm. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Vacation at it's best. This hotel is a must stay with all its NOLA character. Cannot thank Jerry enough for his hospitality as he was instrumental with our stay. He provided us with outstanding service and even provided some great suggestions of places to visit.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear kraken722018,

Thank you for the great review! I am happy to read Jerry provided outstanding service. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

What a delightful hotel! The family suite (Thalia), the staff, the ambience, the location....all wonderful! I was there with my 3 adult daughters for a long weekend to enjoy being together and to take them on a sentimental journey with me as I revisited my college days there 50 years ago. It was so very New Orleans; laid back, charming, elegant, and so very very welcoming. The easy availability of the streetcar just added to the fun and convenience. We will be back!
Margaret
Summerville, SC

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Margaret S

Dear Margaret S,

Thank you for the great review! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We were last at the Ponchartrain about twenty years ago, when the Mile High Pie was served at the Caribbean Room! The Caribbean Room no longer exists, but we got the same pie at the Jack Rose off the lobby. We were in town for a wedding and had a spacious one bedroom suite and a double room. The staff was exceptionally welcoming and very helpful. Also, the views from the Tin Top roof bar are fantastic! Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Pontchartrain H, General Manager at The Pontchartrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Mark F,

Thank you for the great review! We hope to welcome you back soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I loved this hotel!!! The service was outstanding. Everyone went above and beyond our entire stay. If you are looking for a quaint, garden distract hotel in walking distance from local restaurants, shops, and art galleries I highly recommend this historic property. I already booked my next visit in August!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Marlian M,

Thank you for the great review! I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!