All reviewsport of callhot tubfrenchman streethour convenience storefrench quarterb and bquick walkyogurtking bedesplanadesuitekeys
Reviewed 24 September 2015

We had another wonderful stay at Maison DuBois! So nice to be able to walk to the best shops and restaurants and yet far enough away from the Bourbon street noise to get some rest! The pool and spa is a special haven where you can recharge before an evening out. Frenchmen street is just around the corner. Go there for authentic New Orleans music and a charming art market that's open late into the night. A special thanks to Tom for his insider tips on where to go and what to see...the man knows his city and is happy to share his knowledge. Overall a warm friendly and beautiful place to stay. We would recommend this B&B highly!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the house! Front room off the kitchen is huge with it's own sitting room. It's not as sunny so you can sleep late!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Victoria_Rodon
Reviewed 24 September 2015

Just spent a great weekend in Nawlins and can't say enough about Maison DuBois. Tom (and Gary) were great hosts and the house, pool, porch, etc are beautiful. Excellent location a bit off the beaten path, so nice and quite at night. The pool area is a perfect place to rest and relax in the afternoon before heading out on the town. Tom was very helpful in sharing information about restaurants and music clubs in the area and answered any questions we had. IThe rooms are spacious and clean and we felt very comfortable and safe. Would return in a heart beat.............

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I decided to visit New Orleans for a weekend getaway. We love to stay at B&B so I chose Maison DuBois. When we arrived we were disappointed that is wasn't as close as I thought to the all the shops and restaurants near Jackson square. One block off of Burbon street is not what you think. No problem though we just had more walking. The room we had was right off of the kitchen and had a nice sitting room. Just don't expect to see out of your room because the outside shutters cover the front windows and side windows have a smoked type of glass that you cannot see out of. Dark room and the TV was broken. This would normally not be a big deal but not at football season.
Tom welcomed us in and told us coffee would be ready at 8 am and checkout was at 12:00. The key was given to us and directions on how to lock and unlock the front door and front shutter doors. The locking and unlocking of the front door and our room door became a hassel. We were on the front porch leaving the house and forgot something inside but both agreed it was way to much trouble to go through unlocking and locking of all the doors.
On the second morning we were there and the morning we were leaving, I came out to the kitchen first for some coffee. I sat at the table and Tom came in. He immediately informed me that breakfast was over at 10:00 but he left it out because we slept in. I was never told breakfast ended at 10:00 but said nothing. I then asked him if we could leave our luggage somewhere in the house. We were wanting to walk around and eat lunch before we headed to the airport. He immediately said No, we had to get out of the room because other people were coming in. I said" no, we will be out of the room, we only need our luggage stored." He said we could leave it in the hallway by the front door, but then quickly asked for how long. I said just a couple of hours. He said okay but seemed irritated with me again .
My husband came out and I told him what had happened so he said no problem we would just take it to the airport then get the taxi to bring us back to Jackson square. (A $25 experience ) Tom heard our plan and made no attempt to help us with our luggage. My husband at that point told me to call a taxi. I was serching on my phone looking up all of the taxi services. At that point my husband had just finished paying the remainder of our bill and Tom walked in the kitchen. I asked Tom if he could recommend a taxi service. At that point he said " there are cards in the other room for you people!" and then started telling me a phone number in a very rude tone and attitude. He reminded me again that other people were coming and he needed to clean our room. It was only a little after 10:000 and checkout was at 12:00. The way Tom spoke to me that morning was so rude and not the way I wanted to end our trip. I would not recommend this B&B to anyone. The host is not willing to help and can be very rude. The breakfast is very simple and nothing was left out other then in the morning.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda C
Tom S, Owner at Maison DuBois, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

We are so sorry that you had a less than pleasant stay at Maison DuBois. We strive to welcome our guests with authentic Southern hospitality and we've obviously disappointed you. Please accept our apologies. We appreciate your feedback and are working to make changes where we can to improve the guest experience at Maison DuBois. Please do give us another chance, I think you'll find us very eager to serve you.
Gary Peck
Owner

Reviewed 9 June 2015

Maison DuBois is decorated lovely both inside and out. The common areas are inviting. Tom Seale is a gracious host. But the location is amazing. Half a block from the French Quarter and 5-10 minute walk from Frenchmen Street, yet very quiet. I'd love to come back sometime soon.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2015

Maison DuBois was the perfect place for my husband and I to stay. It's right off the French Quarter and is walking distance to everything but still quiet and peaceful. Unexpectedly, Tom introduced us to an even better part of town, Frenchmen Street, which is just down the block in the opposite direction and has the best live jazz ever! Tom was a wealth of information he provides and went out of his way to make our visit pleasant. The house is gorgeous, our room a haven, and everything well-kept. The only negative in our room was that I felt the shower was a bit on the small side, but it was a standard shower rather than a tub/shower combo.

We have been to many B&Bs as well as some other reviewers. It's true that this place doesn't provide a full breakfast. At first I thought this was a downer. This may be the case for those that enjoy slow mornings hanging around the patio or sharing conversation with others staying in the B&B. However, I felt that the continental breakfast was perfect for on the go. After experiencing NOLA, we had soooo much to do and were so excited to get out (or sleep in after a long night) that I appreciated breakfast being optional. We either grabbed coffee and fruit or took off for a full breakfast in a local restaurant that we fell in love with. It didn't impact the quality of our trip at all.

Maison DuBois was perfect for us. Thank you, Gary and Tom! We will be back again and again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have their own balconies and are more quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple