“Great Broiled Oysters! (AND a raw oyster "happy hour")”
Review of Trenasse

Trenasse
Reserve with OpenTable
Trenasse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 2,084 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: We are a store front restaurant located in the heart of the New Orleans Central Business District. With valet parking, outdoor seating and a warm staff that will make you feel right at home. Our collaborating chefs focus on Gulf Coast cuisine with a South Louisiana flair. Using regionally farmed ingredients, we present our dishes classically and creatively. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 4 September 2016

The title says it all: a great selection of broiled oyster choices, each of the ones I tried while staying at the Intercontinental Hotel were top notch. There are about 5 choices of different seasonings, each one more tasty than the next. ALSO, they do a raw oyster "happy hour" where the people at my conference adjourned to each afternoon (less for the drinks and more for the oysters). There is an extensive menu of other items, I am just a broiled oyster junkie so I stayed with that column. This restaurant is on par with any other top New Orleans eatery!

Stan M, Director of Operations at Trenasse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thanks for your visit and review. We take oysters seriously. We are happy you noticed. Thanks

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Friendly and efficient staff. Other guests seemed to feel the same way. Nice place for a pre-start to the evening or great place to unwind from a long day

Stan M, Director of Operationd at Trenasse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Thanks for your review. We are happy you enjoyed Trenasse.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

After a long day on a business trip, Trenasse was able to accommodate my team of time. They provided a nice atmosphere at a table sectioned off from the rest of the restaurant. The place smells fantastic with is wood-fired oven and has a great decor with custom wood tables. The team sampled a big selection of the menu and several of us chose the Cool-inary tasting menu. Service was a bit slow at times during the meal, but not unexpected with such a large group.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was in our hotel and we decided to eat brunch right before going to the airport and were pleasantly surprised. The shrimp and grits were AMAZING! I have eaten grits all of my life and they have never tasted that good. My husband had the boudin hash and sweet bacon and it was also very good. Our server was very nice. Overall we enjoyed this restaurant and would recommend it.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel during a getaway and the best part of our stay there was their Trenasse Restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We ate there twice in our five days there. One of the times we ate there we ordered the prix fixe deal for the NOLA August restaurant month program and we were pleasantly surprised by the generous portions of their delicious selection. It's a must try place. While we were there, we referred a couple that we met on the street looking for a place to eat.