“food was good but service could be better”
Review of Stanley

Stanley
Ranked #250 of 2,142 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Conveniently located on historic Jackson Square, the view from Stanley's provincial yet elegant dining room provides a beautiful backdrop of St. Louis Cathedral and downtown New Orleans. With all day breakfast and brunch, delicious sandwiches, a soda fountain, house-made ice cream desserts, and The Stanley Burger there's something guaranteed to please anyone's tastes in this charming French Quarter locale.
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I had the Stanley classic and it was pretty good. The potatoes were the highlight for me. The toast was nothing special and served without butter. The server realized a few minutes later and brought butter. I also ordered tea and had to ask after waiting 5 minutes or more as the server forgot to bring it. The view is great for people watching in Jackson Square.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,079)

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Mediocre food at best. Server wouldn’t break a smile and will charge you extra if you ask the egg to be made different than the way in described in the menu. The place is dirty and We left the place dissatisfied.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

My wife and I had walked past the place a few times and the picture of the fried soft shell crab breakfast platter had my attention!
We enjoyed it this past Saturday morning with delicious eggs Benedict over Canadian bacon with fried shrimp and oysters. We usually don't do seafood for breakfast but this was delicious.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Reasonable fairly quick restaurant with great NO variety. We went back a second time for Shrimp P.O. boy. Great breading, good sauces, not greasy with good flavor. Menu had variety of options, wanted to try bananas foster French toast on all day breakfast menu, but maybe next time.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

3 of us had a good breakfast. Food was fine - standard American and we paid good money for it After paying, my wife went to the rest room while me & daughter waited at table. There is just 1 ladies restroom facility so my wife had to wait in queue for a few minutes. In the meanwhile the server told me & daughter we cant wait at table & have to leave the table & wait at door. This was a matter of a few minutes only & this has never happened to me before.
Just an indication of callous inconsiderate greed.
This us echoed by other reviewers about 10% rating it poor or terrible. Avoidable

1  Thank analytic10