“Breakfast at Famous Stanley's”
Review of Stanley

Stanley
Ranked #242 of 2,082 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Conveniently located on historic Jackson Square, the view from Stanley's provincial yet elegant dining room provides a beautiful backdrop of St. Louis Cathedral and downtown New Orleans. With all day breakfast and brunch, delicious sandwiches, a soda fountain, house-made ice cream desserts, and The Stanley Burger there's something guaranteed to please anyone's tastes in this charming French Quarter locale.
Reviewed 19 April 2018

On our last day, Monday after the French Quarter Festival, at the suggestion of Lacey, Dauhpine hotel Concierge, we headed to Stanley's for breakfast. Great Suggestion!

Stanley is a busy corner restaurant near Jackson Square. We were quickly seated and my wife and I had a great breakfast.

When I'm not sure about certain dishes, I generally go for what is the signature dish of the house. In this case, I selected "Stanley Classic" a dish of scrambled eggs, tasty pecan smoked bacon, creole potatoes, with Country wheat toast. Wow! Good!

Good Breakfast and nice clean place.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,018)

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I had the Stanley classic and it was pretty good. The potatoes were the highlight for me. The toast was nothing special and served without butter. The server realized a few minutes later and brought butter. I also ordered tea and had to ask after waiting 5 minutes or more as the server forgot to bring it. The view is great for people watching in Jackson Square.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Mediocre food at best. Server wouldn’t break a smile and will charge you extra if you ask the egg to be made different than the way in described in the menu. The place is dirty and We left the place dissatisfied.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

My wife and I had walked past the place a few times and the picture of the fried soft shell crab breakfast platter had my attention!
We enjoyed it this past Saturday morning with delicious eggs Benedict over Canadian bacon with fried shrimp and oysters. We usually don't do seafood for breakfast but this was delicious.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Reasonable fairly quick restaurant with great NO variety. We went back a second time for Shrimp P.O. boy. Great breading, good sauces, not greasy with good flavor. Menu had variety of options, wanted to try bananas foster French toast on all day breakfast menu, but maybe next time.