“Excellent Location!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Middle Village, New York
“Excellent Location!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

My friends and I just came back from New Orleans after being there for a bachelorette party. It was Mardi Gras while we were there and this hotel was in the perfect location. When looking at it on the map we thought it was going to be far from the French Quarter but it was only about one or two blocks away. Everything was in walking didtance and we never even had to take a cab. Canal Street was down the block which is where the parades were. We were able to walk to the French Quarter and were glad that we were not staying right on Bourbon Street because the crowds were ridiculous. It was nice to have our hotel on a more calm block, which was actually pretty fun and busy also. The location was also perfect because we were able to walk back to the hotel for bathroom breaks since the location was so perfect. As for the hotel, the rooms were clean, people who worked there were extremely helpful, and I would definitely stay here again. It looked like one of the nicest hotels in New Orleans. I would positively recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Some rooms were quiet but ours was noisy and you could hear the party going on downstairs which we a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,276)
  • Turkish first
Hammond, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I woke up in the middle of the night by a couple trying to break into my room. I called down to the front desk for help. They sent the bell hop to investigate instead of security. I heard the bell hop ask the couple if he could help them. The couple said that they were friends of mine and they had left something in my room. I had no idea who this couple was and never met them. I could not belive it but the bell hop tryed to use his key to let them in my room. lucky for me that I had the latch lock on the door to stop them. I hurryed and called the front desk again to ask for security. I told the lady at the front desk to get rid of that couple that I didnt know them. This time they sent up the maintence man instead of security. He proceeded to use his tools to try and get into my room to let the couple in my room. I again called the front desk to complain. Finally someone told the staff to tell the couple to go so they all left but now I couldn't sleep now because I didnt trust the staff at the hotel for safety. I finally got up and had to packed my stuff up and checked out. I called the next day to complain but nobody at the hotel seem to care. I asked to speak to supervisor or the hotl manager or concierge but there never anyone there to talk to. I called several times and left several messages for someone to call me back and no one ever did. I figured out who the general manager was and left several messages with his secretary and even his voice mail but still never received a call. I would never ever recommend the Monteleone hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Try the Ritz
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
14 Thank jaime c
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear jamie c,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for not handling this situation properly. We are extremely sorry that this incident occurred within our hotel. Please email our Director of Sales and Marketing Andrea Thornton, athornton@hotelmonteleone.com to discuss this situation further.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I just returned from a trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and stayed at the Hotel Monteleone. I have stayed at this hotel in the past, but I do not remember the rooms being so small and noisy as they were this time. The noises had nothing to do with Mardi Gras, either; toilets flushing from above, babies crying across the hall, etc. As for the room size, my husband and I both have lean builds and it was near impossible to navigate between the small space at the end of the bed and the armoir. The rooms are long and linear at the Hotel Monteleone - maybe if the bed was re-oriented the space in the room could be better utilized. Otherwise, the location is fantastic and the Carousel Bar is worth a ride.

Room Tip: Need to upgrade to a suite or two bed room for more space!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear stemiliongirl,

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay with us at the Hotel Monteleone. Our rooms are rather small, as are many rooms in the French Quarter. As for the noise, all we can do is apologize. Mardi Gras is an especially busy time, as we are at full capacity and as an historic hotel our walls are thin. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I would definitely stay again
I would recommend to anyone going to New Orleans!!!

• Stayed March 2011
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Outstanding service, rooms, staff and location! Linens soft and fluffy pillows. Fantastic security and phenonal service at the only moving bar in town. A MUST for your New Orleans experience!

• Stayed February 2012