Hotel Monteleone
US$139
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$91
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

French Market Inn(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Pool
Lamothe House Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$99
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

Hotel St. Marie(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$107
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

Grenoble House(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$129
Travelocity
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
US$159
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

US$269
RitzCarlton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$300/night.

8,320 results
All reviewscarousel barrooftop poolcriollofrench quarterbeautiful hotelroyal streetbourbon streetstreet noiseperfect locationrooms are smallold world charmbeignetsmississippi riverparking garagejackson squaremardi graslobby
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I woke up in the middle of the night by a couple trying to break into my room. I called down to the front desk for help. They sent the bell hop to investigate instead of security. I heard the bell hop ask the couple if he could help them. The couple said that they were friends of mine and they had left something in my room. I had no idea who this couple was and never met them. I could not belive it but the bell hop tryed to use his key to let them in my room. lucky for me that I had the latch lock on the door to stop them. I hurryed and called the front desk again to ask for security. I told the lady at the front desk to get rid of that couple that I didnt know them. This time they sent up the maintence man instead of security. He proceeded to use his tools to try and get into my room to let the couple in my room. I again called the front desk to complain. Finally someone told the staff to tell the couple to go so they all left but now I couldn't sleep now because I didnt trust the staff at the hotel for safety. I finally got up and had to packed my stuff up and checked out. I called the next day to complain but nobody at the hotel seem to care. I asked to speak to supervisor or the hotl manager or concierge but there never anyone there to talk to. I called several times and left several messages for someone to call me back and no one ever did. I figured out who the general manager was and left several messages with his secretary and even his voice mail but still never received a call. I would never ever recommend the Monteleone hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Try the Ritz
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
14  Thank jaime c
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear jamie c,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for not handling this situation properly. We are extremely sorry that this incident occurred within our hotel. Please email our Director of Sales and Marketing Andrea Thornton, athornton@hotelmonteleone.com to discuss this situation further.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I just returned from a trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and stayed at the Hotel Monteleone. I have stayed at this hotel in the past, but I do not remember the rooms being so small and noisy as they were this time. The noises had nothing to do with Mardi Gras, either; toilets flushing from above, babies crying across the hall, etc. As for the room size, my husband and I both have lean builds and it was near impossible to navigate between the small space at the end of the bed and the armoir. The rooms are long and linear at the Hotel Monteleone - maybe if the bed was re-oriented the space in the room could be better utilized. Otherwise, the location is fantastic and the Carousel Bar is worth a ride.

Room Tip: Need to upgrade to a suite or two bed room for more space!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear stemiliongirl,

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay with us at the Hotel Monteleone. Our rooms are rather small, as are many rooms in the French Quarter. As for the noise, all we can do is apologize. Mardi Gras is an especially busy time, as we are at full capacity and as an historic hotel our walls are thin. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I would definitely stay again
I would recommend to anyone going to New Orleans!!!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Outstanding service, rooms, staff and location! Linens soft and fluffy pillows. Fantastic security and phenonal service at the only moving bar in town. A MUST for your New Orleans experience!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Was here for Mardi Gras. Location is excellent. No free wifi - was $10 a day. When we booked there was supposed to be a free continental breakfast. When we got there it wasn't included anymore. We brought this to their attention and they said unless we have something on paper too bad. Although very nice, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012