1,883 results
All reviews floor lobby green bar heavenly bed great location french quarter rooftop pool a river view room starbucks coffee harrah's casino bourbon street hotel lobby parking garage self park guest rooms convention center shower head cafe du
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel for work all over the US and this was by far the best hotel and staff NATIONWIDE!!! It truly felt like home away from home. The food in the hotel was awesome amazing. Both in variety and quality. I can’t wait to visit again with my family!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The property is beautiful, the location is perfect , and super convenient. The views in lobby area and rooms is great and customer service was awesome ! I will be coming back and stay in my next business trip

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice rooms and service. If you a smoker they do not have any good outdoor smoking areas.You stand out in the street on the sidewalks. Rooms were nice and service was good. Please shows its age but is well kept up. Good Location. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stated at this hotel two times a year for several years and I'm finally getting around to reviewing it.

Positives:
The location has one foot in the French Quarter and one foot near(ish) the convention center. It's business and party.
The view -- I never get tired of watching the boats on the Mississippi.

Because it's a large volume conference hotel the service isn't up to normal Westin standards and SPG (now Marriott) status does't really do much here. For instance when I checked in this week the hotel was full and so they didn't my king bed that I requested. The check in staff was unapologetic and said, 'sir we're completely booked tonight so you're lucky to have a bed.'

The decor is bland tired Westin. I don't mind that but if decor is important this is not a good hotel choice.

In conclusion, I continue to stay at this hotel because of the location but don't expect normal Westin service levels or any recognition of your Marriott status.

Room Tip: East facing rooms view the French Quarter and the river
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
earll129, Front Office Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I sincerely apologize for your room type not being available at check in as well as you dissatisfaction with your guestroom’s decor. As you may be aware, we are currently in the process of refreshing the hotel to ensure that our guests continue to receive the high standards the Westin brand are renown for worldwide. We try to ensure that all guests are met with a renewing and restful when staying with us, and we regret that we were unable to do so in your situation. We really hoped you’d love us, and we would be grateful for the opportunity to welcome you back once our renovation is complete so that we may show you the truly exceptional experience that you deserve.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Multiple hairs found in bathtub, sink, on floor, and toilet (along with a urine stain) upon check-in...brought to the attention of the front desk and someone was sent to the room to clean...upon my return to my room later that day, I still found hair on the toilet and floor...I went back to the front desk and someone was sent to my room again...I had to wait for the person to come to the room and clean the bathroom, while I was in there (this made me late to a welcome reception I was attending)...I was given additional points for the first incident but was not given points for the additional inconvenience

Room Tip: In addition to ensuring cleanliness of the bathrooms, ensure that the shampoo/lotions are replaced...my bottle of lotion was half used
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition of your guestroom and the less-than-exceptional levels of service you received. I assure you that your experience is not typical of the quality of service and hospitality we offer our guests. We will be addressing your feedback with the entire hotel staff to ensure that the issues you have mentioned are rectified immediately and do not occur again. We appreciate all feedback, negative and positive, for it helps us identify our property’s strengths and weaknesses and look for areas which we can improve on. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope you will give us another chance in the future to regain your faith in our hotel and provide you with the exceptional experience that you deserve.