2,205 results
All reviews courtyard balcony great location french quarter half block bottle of champagne small pool bathroom door parking garage room was large nice courtyard an older hotel jackson square mardi gras few blocks bourbon toulouse noise
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in a courtyard balcony room and was totally satisfied. The location is ideal, being one block from Bourbon on a quite well kept street. I found the front desk staff to be helpful and friendly. My room (305) had a large balcony with table and 2 chairs. The sound of the fountain in the courtyard provided a soothing sound in the courtyard oasis. As other reviewers mention, the hotel could use some sprucing up, and during my stay they were replacing old tube televisions with new large flat screens. But keep in mind this hotel was less than half the price of Royal Sonesta 2 blocks away.
I had dinner plans at great restaurants each of the 3 nights I was there, so did not use the on site restaurant, Vacherie, so can not comment about it. For breakfast I walked 2 blocks to De Ja Vu on Dauphine and Conti. 4.99 for classic breakfast in a bar/grill setting, very good and quickly served.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Although quaint, and very nicely located in the French Quarter, this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. With the exception of the staff, there is very little good to say. The staff was excellent, and did the best they could with what they had. Carpets, even in the lobby are stained. Room walls have chips out of the paint, peeling wallpaper and even cigarette burn holes in the sheers leading to the courtyard balcony. So the sheers have been there since you could smoke in the rooms? The crowning glory is the mattress. I'm not sure when innerspring mattresses were first invented, but I'm pretty sure that if they were serialized, ours would have a number below 10! We woke up crippled every morning. It's sad that the owners are taking a LOT more out of this hotel than they are putting in. It's my hope that this review will reach folks before the upcoming Super Bowl, although it's possible that other hotels are like this.

Room Tip: Don't select one at all if you want a good nights sleep. If you are young and can sleep anywhere, this hotel is for you. The restaurant food was very good, and the location is close to Bourbon street, but not too close.
2  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 4 December 2012

My friends and I didn't know what to expect when we came off of the highway and drove down Toulouse St. The tiny streets packed with people were hard to navigate so we pulled over and ducked into the Hotel St. Marie. The woman at the desk gave us a great price, it helps if you say you came from the tourist center.
We got a room with two double beds facing the courtyard. The room is normal size with AC and a little balcony with French doors, through which you can hear the fountain in the courtyard. There is no tv and no mini fridge, but the ice machine isn't far. It is a beautiful little hotel with lovely staff and it's a two second walk to Bourbon St.
It's perfect if you're looking for something with New Orleans charm for a good price and the basics. The parking is valet and about $20 per day, which is steep but you won't really find better. We didn't have any problems with the service or anything on our room not working.
The location is great, close to the party but just far enough that you won't hear it if you're trying to sleep instead. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate Q
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This was my first to NOLA and I had no idea what to expect. This Hotel was perfect! Old Southern styling, very friendly staff and a room with a french doors and a small balcony. When booking our trip I mentioned to a friend that I wanted a historic style hotel close to the French quarter and Bourbon street. She suggested the Hotel St. Marie and I am so glad she did. This hotel was within walking distance of Bourbon Street, Jackson Square, French Market, Canal Street and Frenchman Street.

The room was large and comfortable. We had a king sized bed, courtyard view room. The room was clean and the furnishings were exactly what I expected for a historic hotel. The only compaint I would have is the television. It was in a very large armoire and when you opend the doors you find an old 19" television which was hard to see when lying in the bed across the room.

All in all this hotel was lovely in the perfect location and I would stay here again.

1  Thank Deb-in-Denver
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Coming from Toronto, Canada, for a business conference, Hotel St.Marie was a pleasant change after spending our first four nights in a large corporate overpriced hotel on Canal St. The service was actually better at Hotel St. Marie.

It was like taking a step back in time with a very romantic atmosphere and a neighborhood steeped in history.

I would definately recommend this place and will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a courtside room or room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard.