All reviewsroyal suitethe riverroom was clean and comfortableadults and kidstemperaturehighlandsbathtubpanamaboquete
Reviewed 2 July 2015

our third visit to this great hotel was even better than the last.....Carolina greets you with a bright smile and is most efficient and courteous. all the staff are genuinely eager to please you. the casa grande has a nice relaxed feel to it making it a great place to "de-stress". it is very well maintained and there seemed to be more flowers than ever. it is really an excellent value when you consider the location, caliber of the facility and willing service(often deficient in panama hotels). we really don't want to say much more since we are selfish and don't want the place to get too crowded!

it was nice to see Nicholas was still there and sharing his knowledge of plants.

Room Tip: garden suite 10 is probably the most romantic.......
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

It was a wonderful experience. The staff was very kind and helpful. The restaurant had very good food and prices where ok. It was very relaxing. We stayed at a Garden Suite and it was big but cozy. The only thing I didn't like was that TV channels selection were limited and with very few options and that it depended on the other guests but we weren't there to watch TV so. I liked it very much and I'm planning to return for sure.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2015

You're in Panama in the jungle highlands. Reading some of the other rooms, sounds like guests were expecting the Trump Tower and you're just not going to find that on the side of a volcano 6000 feet above sea level. But our room was clean and comfortable, the shower was great -- good water pressure, spacious, clean, and beds were decent. The grounds are nicely kept and there is a dirt road leading up the mountain from the property that made for a good scramble/run. It looks like the horseback riding tours also use this route. :)

The restaurant food is reasonably priced and decent.

My partner left his iPad in the room when we checked out and we were able to call from Panama City and make arrangements to have it returned. I appreciate the honesty of the staff and would recommend this place to travelers looking for a comfortable place to stay while exploring the Volcán highlands.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2015

I visit Casa Grande this past weekend on my honeymoon and I loved it!. Very clean and customer service was outstanding since our arrival. Food very good and everyone was very polite. I will be back and I will recommend this place for a nice relaxing adventure in the mountains.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yasmin S
Reviewed 22 March 2014

No way is this a four or five. The location is fine, but the place has an overall tired look both inside and out. The rooms are large, but very dark and poorly appointed. I could have done with a smaller and better lit room. The bathroom was such that only one person could have any privacy. There are no doors on the shower and the water goes all over the bathroom. The water is lukewarm. The sink is the kind where you have no shelf or counter space to put anything by way of toiletries if you have anything other than a toothpaste. There are no washcloths.
The bar is tiny and dark, with a blaring ubiquitous TV that precludes getting together for a quiet drink. The wine is not temperature controlled, so the glass of red that I had was awful and my fellow traveler said the white was close to vinegar. The food is truly, truly, truly mediocre and the service is ridiculously slow, the Wi-Fi only works in the bar and is weak at best, The back yard with a cheesy sort of zip line construction for kids was a swamp - and this was the dry season. It was hard to tell how clean anything was since they favor brown on the shower and walls and, again, the lighting was atrocious. An architect with experience in hotels should give this place a good overhaul.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends