“Great gift shop”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Al though we didn't stay here, we did stop in as part of our trek around the park. My wife found a jacket that would fit her (rarity since she wears XS) and we thought the place was situated in a lovely setting as it is right next to Sylvan Lake.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

We ate there for a dinner as well as a breakfast. Both times the service was unbelievably slow and some dishes were cold.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Only thing that gave me a reason to give 2 stars rather than 1, the mimosas. Which were delicious, with fresh orange and decent champagne, $7.50 so pricey.
Service was bad all around. Friday morning for breakfast only a few other guests around, we chose to sit outside, no view of the lake. It took quite some time to see our waiter. His initial comment was how his coworker was “being racist ....“, I was shocked! Eventually ordered our drinks, but received them in about 10 minutes. The breakfast was expensive for the small inadequate portions. The food was terrible. Hash browns were greasy, side of toast was a single slice. Side of bacon, 2 very thin slices. Wasting ketchup! Both breakfasts served with sides of ketchup (which we didn’t ask for) as much as like 1/4 cup in a silver dish. Come on, use the bottle. Our waiter never returned to fill water glasses. For a bad breakfast sandwich and a few side dishes (mimosas) our bill was over $50. When we left our waiter was sitting down at a table texting on his phone. To boot, the outdoor sitting area was dirty. We wouldn’t come back, there are so many other places to choose!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Stopped by the lodge for a bite to eat and saw the most incredible sights in the distance. Food was great too. Nice way to relax after a beautiful drive on Needles Highway.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

After doing a lot of hiking around the Sylvan Lake area, we decided to try the lodge for lunch. Please note that if you are done at the actual lake, you have to drive all the way around to get up here. Also, it looks like you should have a view of the lake from the dining room, but in fact you do not. You just see trees.

We sat inside by a window and it took over ten min. for a server to even take our drink orders. The entire time he waited on us, he seemed like he could not care less, like he had zero interest in being here, doing this job or waiting on us. He was rude and short. I inquired about the size of one of the half sandwiches (depending on the bread, it could be pretty small or pretty big. A regular piece of white bread? Small. A huge croissant or crusty bread? Big). He looked at me like I was dumb for asking how large (I frequently ask servers how big a serving is and they never have any issue approximating size with their hands) and said very rudely "Well. It's half a sandwich. Instead of a whole, you get a half." OK then. So I ordered the full.

The Caesar salad came deconstructed which was not mentioned in the menu. It was a piece of Romaine lettuce on a plate with some dressing drizzled on it, tomatoes on the side, and a crusty piece of bread (supposed to be a crouton?) that was too hard to even bite into. It took a long time for our meals to come out. Like I said, I had a turkey sandwich. Many pieces of the shaved turkey were fatty and had to be removed. It was nothing special at all. We had to wait and wait for refills and our server hardly said two words to us the whole time. I would never come back here and would recommend just grabbing pizza or a burger at the shop down by the lake instead. Save your time and money.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Sylvan Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!