US$205
US$93
US$402
Hotel Unterhof(Filzmoos)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspacked lunchelevated positionevening mealsnooker tablesalad buffetstunning viewsexcellent hotelreception deskhotel is situatedpeaceful placethe buffet arearelaxing staycosy barfull body massagealways on timereception areahalf board
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

My family and I have just come back from a week at the alpenkrone hotel in Filzmoos. I did not realise this hotel is not central Filzmoos , it's on the edge . I had read on trip advisor about the weird decor but that did not worry me. The nicest thing about this hotel is the spa area ( adults only) . The pool is fairly small and can get busy before tea time.
We are a family of 5 ( children age 6,8 and 11) . Our room was not a bad size but the bathroom was very small . The bedroom had cobwebs in the corners and some of our towels had holes in , they really could have been replaced a while back.
There is no courtesy bus to the ski lifts from the hotel. There is a resort bus that stops outside every hour, however if you miss this when trying to gather up your family , skis boots etc then you have to wait for the hour. Or mummy I need the toilet as you get outside!!!
The other thing we did not like about the hotel is parts of the hotel smell of smoke ( there are smoking areas) .
The food was not great either . You get a choice of 3 things but all the food was fairly bland . I ate vegetarian but my husband ate meat and was ill on two evenings . One evening my children were served puréed spinach with potatoes and meat and did not look appetising and I politely asked for some plain pasta instead . The waitress was very rude saying we should study the menu better in the morning ! This particular waitress also rolled her eyes when my children took a few min to decide on their drinks and also questioned our decision to let our children have amaretto and coffee ice cream as a pudding. Pudding every night was the same for children vanilla icecream .
There is no shop close by the hotel . Generally around the hotel it is clean and tidy , and the hotel has great views over Filzmoos as its high up on the edge . This hotel could be a much better hotel just with a few minor changes, however the location lets it down for a family ski. Not a problem if you have a car I guess.
We had a lovely few meals in the happy Filzmoos hotel ( very central) and wished we knew about that hotel ( although no indoor pool) it's a lot nicer inside but a little more expensive. Saying that you can't put a price on convenience , with 3 children location is key! Also consider (as we didn't know) Filzmoos is a small ski area ( an isolated resort) . You can not ski to other resorts from Filzmoos . We skied Filzmoos many times in two days , although it does have a nice nursery ski area

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Clairewootton
Reviewed 13 February 2016

We spent a very pleasant stay in a family hotel with a beautiful location above the alpine village. It offers only easy skiing on the spot, but it is close to the centers of the Ski Amade. We had a comfortable room with a large bathroom and a balcony overlooking the alpine valleys. Exceptionally high-quality food within half-board included. Chef is of Michelin quality.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Evžen R
Reviewed 21 January 2016

We got capacious room with beautiful view on mountain.
Personal was smile and sympathetic.
Food was tasty and nice served on plates.
Breakfast was served like buffet, dinner were served in 3 courses meal with salad buffet.
For all people was available wellness with 3 saunas, with lying chairs and small food pool.
A little problem was that wifi was available just at reception.
We were full satisfied and in the future we want come back.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2016

I have stayed in Hotel Alpenkrone 3 times now. The first was when I got engaged to my wife. The second time was with our 2 year old boy and my wife's daughter and the third was 2 weeks ago with our now 6 year old boy, my wife's daughter and our yorkshire terrier! We have been to filzmoos 6 times altogether, booking other locations when Hotel Alpenkrone was booked out for the dates we could make, although we still enjoyed our visit to Filzmoos at these other venues, we still keep coming back to Hotel Alpenkrone when we can. Food is great, staff polite and professional and the hotel itself is beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2015

What a wonderfull,place in Austria. Rooms are clean - the perfect tasty cuisine is the best what we met in Austria. I recommend it.

It is neccedery to have a car - is useful in this region.
The owner is very very KIND

Room Tip: with balcony
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends