“What a fantastic way to celebrate a birthday dinner!”

Hotel & Restaurant Tannenhof
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We ate at the Tannenhof for my birthday dinner. It was exquisite. The menu was set with a choice of three to seven courses. We chose three each, which was plenty. We got to experience amazing combinations of things, including an amuse bouche of a bubble like ball of Champagne that exploded in your mouth! Chef James Baron created culinary delights that were also presented as works of art!

Stayed: July 2017

Reviewed 9 April 2016

It’s really something truly unique to stay in an establishment where the number of staff outnumber the guests on a multiple basis. Even more so when each and every one of them appear fully committed to their roles and seem to be enjoying their time almost as much as the guests.

Revisiting the hotel’s website and the pictures online, I feel it just doesn’t do this hotel justice. I remember thinking before my arrival that it resembled many traditional pensions from the facade. But the difference here is that this hotel only has 8 suites in total, and the attention to detail in the design, the quality of the furnishings, and the personalised service from the staff, are all remarkably inspired.

The suites have a homely feeling, yet have such a wow factor to them. Upon a few minutes exploring the suite, I had a sad feeling that my stay was for only two nights. I don’t think I’ve experienced something quite like that even after staying at many top hotels around the world.

The following is just a small summary of my experience. I’ve left out many other wonderful details, as I rather not spoil the surprises for your stay:

Service - top notch. For example: housekeeping touched up the room three times a day - during our breakfast, while we were skiing and once again while we were having dinner. That beautiful pattern so painstakingly hand brushed onto the carpet is there to greet you each time you return to your suite.

Cuisine - incredible from amouse bouche to petit four. Each dish was creative, beautifully plated, yet not overly complex. The combination of flavours were simply mouthwatering. Paired with the wines suggested by sommelier, the meals were always incredible.

Concierge service - everything arranged to just how we needed it, nothing rushed, nothing pushed. I requested for a 3 hour private ski instructor and while all the instructors were full, the team continued to push and managed to secure one of the best instructors in the region.

Spa treatment - excellent and reasonably priced. Treatment even included hot stones which I was not expecting. Furthermore, when the masseuse found out I had pulled a neck muscle while skiing, she applied some kinesis tape after the massage treatment concluded.

Upon leaving the hotel, the staff packed a parting gift to keep us satiated on our drive.
It contained some of the favourite snacks and drinks that they noticed we enjoyed during the stay - even miles away they were still able to surprise us.

If there’s a heaven on earth, I think I’ve found it at the Hotel Tannenhof.
A big thanks once again to the team for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lsed
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

As we like fine dining we selected the restaurant of hotel Tannenhof for lunch. We were picked up by their luxurious shuttle service in the centre of Sankt Anton. The hotel itself is located on a mountain outside the city centre. We like small scale hotels and restaurants, this one fits this category. We received a warm welcome and it felt like being at home. The hotel and restaurant are very nicely decorated with a very warm atmosphere. As foodies we really enjoyed our lunch prepared by chef cook James Baron. Very high quality and it lived up our expectations. My Jerusalem Artichokes soup with hazelnut was amazing. Something to return for. Our main dish was the tomahawk steak sliced at our table with an amazing onion sauce. With help of our sommelier Mrs Walch we selected an Austrian blaufrankische wine. Really excellent. We topped it of with a dessert. We really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely return! It is difficult to describe the experience, so I recommend you try it out yourself! Definitely a treat.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 3 nights..It is an amazing and special place.The attention to detail is remarcable.The owners and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful,and make each guest feel welcomed and pampered.The suites are beautiful and very clean.The food was delicious and the menu(included in the price) was changed every day.The service is the best ,the atmosphere is warm and make you feel home.Even the 3 dogs of the owners greet the guest and are friendly.Julia called us before our arrival to ask if we need any indication how to get the hotel from airport and sent us by e-mail a guide of roads and every day we received maps of the places that we wanted to visit around .We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Unfortunately, my wife and I were not lucky enough to stay at the Tannenhof, but were simply looking for a place to enjoy a quiet evening meal away from the children, and close to our tour operator's hotel. We took pot luck, and stumbled upon one of the most fantastic dining experiences we have ever had (and we have had a few, having lived in Paris, London and New York).
The Tannenhof has only just opened, having been built from the ground up in 2011 as a luxury boutique hotel with only 8 rooms. The restaurant is designed primarily for hotel guests but will take non residents if they have space.
The public areas that we saw exude a combination of modern class and Austrian comfort. We were greeted warmly by our hosts and promptly seated. The service throughout combined attention to detail, genuine warmth, and none of the pretentiousness or fussiness so often associated with grand eating establishments.
We picked a small number of dishes from the set menu. The food was a modern reinvention of Austrian and French classics, but with incredibly effective and subtle combinations of flavours and textures, exquisite presentation, and delightful (and unexpected) "amuse bouches" served between courses. Our wine waiter chose a different wine to go with each course, each one delicious. The bill for two was a very reasonable €130, to which we added a decent and well deserved tip. It felt like a bargain.
Next time my wife and I are looking for a really exceptional ski resort hotel, we will choose the Tannenhof simply on the basis of the dining experience. It really was that good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple