“Super 8 Martinez, this is not a super hotel.”
Review of Super 8 Martinez

Super 8 Martinez
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Martinez
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Road Trip...I was looking to finish off a long day traveling and rest in our first hotel. Unfortunately, when I got to the hotel and tried to check in with my reservation that I made back in January of 2015. I was rudely told, that they had already cancelled my reservation... keep in mind this is 3:00 PM. The hotel further tells me I was cancelled because they tried to charge my credit card at 10:00 AM the same day and had some issues. I have been traveling since 1994 and never did a Hotel attempt to charge me before I arrived and checked into the hotel. They considerately offered to give me the very last room at only $50 more than my cancelled reservation. Are they running some bait and switch scam? Seriously, how can they cancel an existing reservation and tell you PAY more money! The room was okay, except that the water from the bathroom sink smelled like sewage water. I had to go and buy some gallon water jugs from the gas station to wash my hands and bush my teeth. Breakfast was one of the worst I have seen, seems like they try to cut as many amenities as possible for the guest. This hotel needs to change its policy on reservations, fix the water issues and provide a better breakfast. Oh, hopefully you don't get a downstairs unit, the floors are all wooden and you hear every single noise. Very loud and very disappointed in this hotel. If you are in Martinez CA, make sure you see the John Muir state park, this was the best thing in the city.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
super8martinez, General Manager at Super 8 Martinez, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest,
Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you suffered at the Super 8 Martinez. This is a miscommunication that we would like to make up to you on your next stay in Martinez. We hope you will give us the opportunity to show you our true hospitality services when you return to Martinez.

Thanks,
Akash

Reviewed 10 August 2015

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8martinez, General Manager at Super 8 Martinez, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Reviewed 10 August 2015

no carpet--yeah! Updated floors, counter, shower. Friendly check-in, helpful staff. Non-smoking room kind of smelled like smoke though. 1negative--very strong odor of marijuana, really strong--couldn't leave window open.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
It pleases us to hear that you were satisfied with our new renovations. We do apologize that you found an odor in your room, and we assure that on your next trip to the Super 8 Martinez, no such problem will occur. Thank you for staying at the Super 8 Martinez.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

No slip-resistant treads in bathtub and no grab bar outside the tub made getting in & out of tub a challenge. Also, no place to put soap or face cloths during shower.
Staff was good about "Going Green" and at our request, did not change towels daily.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2015

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Akash K, General Manager at Super 8 Martinez, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinez
0.9 km away
0.0 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 4 in Martinez

Been to Super 8 Martinez? Share your experiences!