See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 March 2017

We knew booking that this was older hotel but when we vacation as long as room is secure and clean with decent bed and bath, it suits our purposes as all we use hotel for is to sleep a few hours and take bath.
Upon late arrival, checkin was quick/efficient. Room needed clock power cord and curtains wouldn't close completely. Bathroom also had soap left over from previous guest. Offered another room but front desk girl came and personally cleaned bathroom immediately so we just had clock replaced and husband overlapped top of curtains being as we were not going to use balcony anyway.
A/c was cold and bath water was very hot. Bed was clean and bed bug free (I check EVERY hotel bed I sleep in immediately upon entering room) and quite comfortable. Good size fridge in room and microwave. Location is right in the middle of everything-couldnt ask for better. No resort fee and parking with security patrol is only $5 a night with no problems finding space. Nice basic breakfast complimentary each morning.
I will state though that internet service SUCKS!!!! When you could get logged on, it would throw you off in the middle of trying to search for something. Seems worse at peak times but very aggravating. DO NOT expect to do any work or extensive looking for something on internet and checking in online for flights is next to impossible.
If you are very picky about little issues such as out of place mouldings(maybe where a mirror had once been???), bathroom door having bottom damage where someone had kicked and they just painted over, paint drips, patio doors being old style wood and having scratches all over/needing restained then this isnt the place for you. If you just want a clean place to lay your head and use your money for other things on vacation and dont sweat the small stuff then Uncle Billys fits the bill.

2  Thank LisaD593
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Quick check-in Very friendly staff - nice clean room - a fantastic continental breakfast - plenty of coffee - juice and my fav English Muffins ( but no Peanut Butter LOL ) A great location in the heart of Kona within walking distance of all the restaurants and shops. Will I go back there - I'm booking a room for the night before we fly out in April

2  Thank peters739
Reviewed 12 March 2017

It has a very strong and uncomfortable smell of mold.It is totally unbearable. Had to open the window to breathe. Not sure if it is unhealthy or not. Its condition is very old, the furniture and bathroom are not clean. Kinda gross. Bath tub is chipped. I stayed for just one night. Worst experience ever. Will never stay there again and will not recommend to anyone to stay there. Wifi sucks, it is useless.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christycui0815
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Like some of the other reviews, I booked this place knowing it was an older hotel and in need of some updating. Indeed that held true. They could use some deep cleaning and updating. But, it was very affordable. We only stayed here one night as our plane came in very late and it was too late to drive to Hilo where we were going to be for several days. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. It's located close to shopping, waterfront, etc. They have a nice continental breakfast. There were lots of geckos on the plants outside that entertained my kids for a while. The grounds were beautiful.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night at Uncle Billy's. Good location. This place is definitely a budget hotel which is what we expected. Nothing fancy. Beds and pillows hard as rocks but again we didn't really expect super high quality based on the price. My big problem however was the staff. Went to fill up my water bottle and encountered a very rude woman managing the breakfast area. If you stay here don't expect a quality experience, you'll have to pay a bit more for that.