“hidden gem with amazing poke”
Review of Da Poke Shack

Da Poke Shack
Ranked #7 of 305 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

the flavor on the fresh fish is amazing. we had the poke bowl with quinoa and it was incredible and filling! this place is one of the best quick bites to eat on the big island

Write a ReviewReviews (1,915)

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Da poke shack was down the street from our resort and it was well worth our trip there. It is a little bitty place with a couple of picnic tables outside but it is a great place to pick up food to take with you. Their poke is some of the best I have had. My only complaint is that we realized we were overcharged after paying the bill. When I checked with the attendant we found she had charged us for 2 meals that were not ours. She refunded us the purchase price but not the tax or percentage tip we added. So fly a little cheated. Otherwise I would have given his place a 5 instead if downgrading to a 4.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Super fresh and yummy choices from da poke shack! Great friendly service. Couldn't ask for a better first (and second!) poke experience!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

People are not lying when they say this poke is amazing! I don't think I've ever had fish that fresh before. I got the Pele's kiss poké and it was spicy and delicious. There is not much seating at the premises so I suggest taking this to-go.
Highly reccomend if you are staying in Kona.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The poke is fresh. Service is good. Go early. They run out of poke. Price was $27/lb. Very limited bench seating outside. Not many parking spots. The food is worth a visit.