“SNORKLERS LOOK NO FURTHER”

Sea Quest Snorkel Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Snorkel the most pristine reefs in Hawaii! Explore sea caves and lava tubes along the rugged Kona Coast and observe dolphins and whales in their natural habitat as your US Coast Guard licensed captain shares with you the rich history, legends, and lore of the Big Island of Hawaii. For over 30 years we have specialized in snorkel tours designed especially for small groups creating an intimate and unique snorkeling adventure in one of the most beautiful and diverse places on Earth.
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

*this is by a person who has only snorkeled once before this trip!*

Team Belly/Kill (Captain Bill and mate Kelly) were SO much fun, informative and went out of their way to make this an incredible experience for the whole crew. I felt extremely comfortable and safe in their care.

It is well worth the money to stop at both snorkel spots (Place of Refuge and Captain Cook area). Got to see so many fish, a shark and even an eagle ray! Couldn’t ask for anything better. Not to mention delicious fresh fruit and some other snacks in between stops.

They mentioned manta ray swimming for a night program that I and the rest of my group will be looking into.

As mentioned, Bill and Kelly seriously are the greatest, idk if you can request certain people but if you can request them!!

Pictures aren’t great but I promise the views are amazing!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,077)
All reviews
in 42 reviews
"fresh fruit"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We were very apprehensive about which snorkel tour to choose, we wanted a company who put passengers safety first, didn't want a crowded tour boat and wanted professionalism. Well we go it all. If you are looking for a small group this is whom you want to choose. We explored 4 different islands, snorkeled on three and by far they were the best.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Manu P, Owner at Sea Quest Snorkel Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Aloha,

Thank you for much for the very warm and generous review! We have the best people in the business who sincerely care about our guests and our Island home and we are are so glad that resonated with you. We hope to have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Mahalo and a hui hou,

Manu & the Sea Quest ohana

Reviewed 21 May 2018

You gotta try this! We got to see at least 6 different manta rays that spent the entire activity around us! Crew was amazing!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

One of my big must’s during our trip to Kailua-kona was to conquer my fear of the water; a phobia resulting from an accident as a toddler and has haunted and hampered my entire life.

My husband of 32 years was supportive and he foound this tour offered by Sea Quest. He’s a sweet man and was concerned that getting in the open water and at night would be too much for me.

We had chairs and ice chest set up and he just let me watch the other snorkelers not pushing me but letting me simply take it all in.

Finally he asked if I was ready and shakily I answered as ready as I’ll ever be; let’s do this.

He held my hand and we walked to the water; he gave me instructions and patiently watched as I very slowly lowered myself into the water.

I won’t lie; I was terrified!

And then I saw them; the beautifully colored fish all around me and below me and then it happened, a sea turtle swam so close to me I could have reached out and touched him or her, lol

I won’t say all my fears slipped away but I was infused with a fascination that rose up in me that seemed to force my fears to the back of my mind.
After a couple more forays into the water we called it a day.

The next morning I woke with more anticipation thinking about our upcoming adventure to see the Mantarays. We did a few site seeing things; the Painted Church and The Place of Refuge etc.

And then it was time; my husband said I could change my mind if I wasn’t ready, like I said sweet man.

I’m happy to relay that I did not change my mind; it was a little difficult for me however the staff was reassuring and patient and well trained, especially for people like me.

It was incredible an experience of a lifetime and one I will treasure and hopefully repeat again and again. The captain and crew were great and always within reach if I needed help; I felt safe and the more time past the more relaxed and confident I became and could simply “be” among these gentle creatures.

Thank you Sea Quest you’ve given me back a part of my life I had never thought possible and given me the chance to feel that sense of wonder and awe!

Aloha Lisa,

We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. Your amazing review left us speechless! As a matter of fact, it was so touching that we sent it t the entire staff as a reminder that the incredible job they do, and the incredible people they are can be wonderfully impactful. We are so thrilled for you that you were able to enjoy yourself and we hope that was just the first door to many more experiences as good or better moving forward.

We hope to see you again in the future and wish you many more adventures in the meantime!

A hui hou,