“Simple and clean, walking distance to shops and restaurants”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Moby Dick Hostel & Lodging
Ranked #24 of 46 Speciality Lodging in Seward
Reviewed 14 January 2017

This hostel offered clean linens, outlets, big windows, comfortable (small) lounge loft, hot water and multiple bathrooms, and a quaint shared kitchen. Outside there's a small area for sitting, enjoying the garden, and a couple sets of stilts to try while the dog watches. Folks who run the place seem to be good, humble environmentalists and outdoor enthusiasts. Short walk to get to shops & restaurants. Location is also near Forestry office and short drive to boats for Kenai Fjords National Park and around the corner from Exit Glacier.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 September 2016

First off, I just start this off with , I have only stayed in a couple of hostels and have good experiences with those... but we did not love this one. We stayed here while visiting Seward. We booked it for 2 nights, but my wife was not willing to stay another night so we move to a hotel. The host said that she would reverse our money back to us for the second night but did not.

The property felt pretty clean, but we could not deal with the smell. It smelt like, a combination of wet socks, curry, fish, and was hard to sleep with all those smells. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative for seward then go with them. But If you have a little more budget, then I would go else where.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Quaint little place . Very friendly and helpful staff . They helped me with trying to get my phone straightened out . They have me directions to the library . The rooms are what I expected . The bathrooms are what I expected . The location is somewhat convenient . I parked on the street and that worked out . The wifi is kind of weak .

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016

I stayed here for 3 nights and extended to 4 and then to 5 finally. It was really comfortable, clean, and friendly. Really knowledgeable staff, and great information around the hostel. Family business, which is really nice to visit.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We stayed here for one night in July, 2016. We had an excellent stay. I note that some of the more mediocre reviews below make reference to the dorms. We stayed in a private room upstairs, just sharing the bathroom with one other room (we never had to wait for the bathroom). It did not cost much more for two people in the private room vs the dorm. Our room was fine - airy spacious, kitchenette , table and chairs, good bed, and a view out the window across to snow-capped mountains. Quiet at night. No problems.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple