All reviewsdorm stylecommunal kitchengreat place to stayin townsheetslodging
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Moby Dick Hostel is conveniently located in downtown Seward and is walkable to everything. Most places in Seward charge for parking so it was nice that I could leave my car at the hostel and walk to everything in town. I stayed in the dorm style room and they provide bedding at no cost. There is a communal kitchen which is nice though I did not use it. It was affordable and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2017

This hostel offered clean linens, outlets, big windows, comfortable (small) lounge loft, hot water and multiple bathrooms, and a quaint shared kitchen. Outside there's a small area for sitting, enjoying the garden, and a couple sets of stilts to try while the dog watches. Folks who run the place seem to be good, humble environmentalists and outdoor enthusiasts. Short walk to get to shops & restaurants. Location is also near Forestry office and short drive to boats for Kenai Fjords National Park and around the corner from Exit Glacier.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2016

First off, I just start this off with , I have only stayed in a couple of hostels and have good experiences with those... but we did not love this one. We stayed here while visiting Seward. We booked it for 2 nights, but my wife was not willing to stay another night so we move to a hotel. The host said that she would reverse our money back to us for the second night but did not.

The property felt pretty clean, but we could not deal with the smell. It smelt like, a combination of wet socks, curry, fish, and was hard to sleep with all those smells. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative for seward then go with them. But If you have a little more budget, then I would go else where.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Quaint little place . Very friendly and helpful staff . They helped me with trying to get my phone straightened out . They have me directions to the library . The rooms are what I expected . The bathrooms are what I expected . The location is somewhat convenient . I parked on the street and that worked out . The wifi is kind of weak .

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016

I stayed here for 3 nights and extended to 4 and then to 5 finally. It was really comfortable, clean, and friendly. Really knowledgeable staff, and great information around the hostel. Family business, which is really nice to visit.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo